1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default games showing in apps on play store

Hi there, new to the forums(and android pretty much). As the title says... everytime I scroll through the apps part of the play store I get hundreds of games I need to wade through as well. Its starting to get a bit annoying now as I'm not searching for games... if I wanted games I would search for games right? Anyways... is there a way to get results of only apps in the apps part? Ive been through settings to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: games showing in apps on play store

Not that I've found. Games are considered apps, therefore they are shown. I have oftentimes been annoyed by this as well, however games really ARE apps, therefore it makes sense. I cannot really come up with a better terminology for a "non game application" category, so I don't have any feedback to give Google on this. If you do, send it in via the appropriate channel. They DO listen to us.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply dude. I understand what you're saying, you're right. I guess using a slightly different terminology as you have suggested makes sense. If you can point me in the right direction to get this noticed I would be much obliged. Thanks again.

I was just getting ready to post the same complaint! Obviously there is a difference between games and apps, which is why the Play store has an 'Apps' section, and a 'Games' section among others. You don't see hundreds of songs/books/movies/magazines showing up under apps section, because they are in their respective section. Why does it separate those just fine, but not games? It just makes it really hard to discover useful apps, when over 3/4 of the "top free games" and the "top free apps" are basically the same list.

Sorry to sort of hijack your thread .... mini rant over