Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stream music from Play Music in browser to network device

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but no searches here or elsewhere have been of any help.
    Basically I want to play music from Google Play Music on my desktop browser to my Sony Blu-Ray Player which is on my network.
    This is easily achieved through Windows 7 file explorer by right clicking a file and choosing 'play to' which lists all compatible network devices. So I know the capacity is there to stream audio from my desktop to other devices.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, not even sure if this is a windows7 question or a Chrome browser question. But any help would be appreciated by me, and my full up hard drive!

Default Re: Stream music from Play Music in browser to network device

you would have to have an approved device before google will stream to it. if your player is on the list you are golden.
    "choosing 'play to' which lists all compatible network devices" compatible with windows.

you can hook your tv to your computer and stream a bunch of stuff or by a player thats approved
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply,

Do you mean a device which can access the play store? In which case it can't. My computer is a fair way from my TV so a bit of a pain but might do that if nothing else is possible. I was thinking there might be a chrome extension or something that can redirect the audio from chrome to a device other than the computer speakers.

You can get a google chromecast

Posted via Android Central App