Changing country in Google Play
I recently moved from Germany to the UK. The store is still in German (and in Euros). This is driving me insane.
What I tried:
* Went to GMail and in the email address settings, changed my country to UK.
* Went to Google Wallet, deleted any German payment method registered there, cleared my address book and re-created a home address in the UK (to change home address in Google Wallet click the settings icon on the top right). Nothing on Wallet, GMail or Play now has any reference to Germany whatsoever.
* Went to google play, still German.
* Cleared all my cookies and cache (on web). Still German (on my phone too).
* On my phone, connected to a British network, cleared the cache of Google Play and Google Play Services, and uninstalled all updates for both. Restarted my phone. Then went to the play store (still german o_o) and bought a cheap game (labelled in Euros). I had to add a UK registered credit card with a UK address.
* Play store STILL GERMAN after all of this.
How on Earth do I change this? And why is Google making this impossible for us? Tried to contact Google but after dancing through all their hoops and setting up a phone call I was on hold for ages and gave up.
Re: Changing country in Google Play
I have exactly the same problem. I also tried making a single purchase with the new card but that hasn't worked either!
Any luck since you wrote?