RIPOFF- Google play gift cards

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I purchased $300 worth of google play gift cards to purchase a Nexus 4 and get discounted gas from the grocery store by purchasing the gift cards. When I tried to make the purchase I couldn't figure out how to redeem them. After some research it shows you can't use gift cards on devices. It doesn't say that anywhere on the gift card, only in the support section of the play store. I spent over an hour on hold on a Friday night with google support just to hear them tell me they'll get back to me in 48hrs (working days). This is a crock! If google doesn't allow me to use them for the Nexus 4, I'll dispute the charge on my credit card. I can't believe what a waste google wallet and google play gift cards are.

UPDATE: Google responded they'll refund via check in 6-8 weeks as a one time courtesy.

Last edited:

mfalzon

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
was it a hassle to get them to cut you a check?

i just traded in my old ipad and got $200 target credit and decided to buy play store cards to purchase a N7. only to find out i cant lol

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I haven't responded. It was a little pain. I had to contact customer support but once talking to them, they took care of it rather quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital