1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Different features on different Nexus devices on the same JB version?

I noticed this while updating my Galaxy Nexus this morning and my Nexus 10 last night.

While updating an app on my phone, before I update the app I can see what the changes are which helps me decide whether to update it or not. Last night while updating on the Nexus 10 (same apps) I could not see what the changes were so I just had to throw caution to the wind and let it update.

Has anyone else noticed this? I just don't get why there would be a difference, especially in the same apps.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Default Re: Different features on different Nexus devices on the same JB version?

The differences are related to hardware. Certain functions of apps require certain hardware features to be installed in your phone. The newer nexii, will see better and more features for their apps, compared to the older nexii as the hardware isn't there to support them.

Sorry I responded to the post title, and didn't entirely read your question. That may be something that you can turn on and off in the Google play settings. Or it could be tablet related. I honestly don't know a straight answer as I don't have an n10.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Different features on different Nexus devices on the same JB version?

Thanks for the response.

No, it is not a settings issue. Not really sure why it might be a tablet issue. Maybe some one else has noticed this in comparing 2 tablets or 2 phones?
    Pat
    Chromecast
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just noticed it again this morning with an update to Yelp. Nexus 10 didn't show what is new. Galaxy Nexus did. Kinda pissing me off now.
    Pat
    Chromecast