1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I really need help, please.

My little sister got an Acer Tablet last year, and when we set it up, it said that we needed to set up a Gmail account in order to use the Google Play Store.

We did so, however, we forgot the password, and tonight she wanted to purchase tokens for her Despicable Me Minion Rush game.

I tried doing everything for the Gmail password verification, but it won't take anything.

So then I made a new Gmail account for her, making sure to save all of the necessary information this time. I also went into the Google Play Store settings and made sure that I checked off her newest account to be used instead of the old one.

However, after I did all of that, I went back into her Minion Rush game, and saw that it still has the old Gmail account listed for purchase verification, so I just made her a new account and everything all for nothing.

I really don't know what to do now. I found a phone number for Google Play Store customer support, and I was planning on calling them tomorrow, but I don't know if they'll be able to help in this situation, either.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: I really need help, please.

Welcome to Android Central! So have you tried the options on the Gmail website for forgotten password? Under the sign-in area, there's a link that says, "" It asks you to type in the email address that is linked to the Google account. I hope you remember the Gmail address that you set up.

Apps that you purchase on Google Play are linked to that account, so the purchased app won't carry over to a new account.

Google Play Store customer support should at least be able to step you through the process of resetting your Google account password, so it's worth calling them if you're stuck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I went through that link and tried everything. I remember the name of the Gmail address, just not the password.

There is one option I haven't tried, though. It said we could have a password reset link sent to one of our Yahoo! email accounts, however, for some reason that account cannot be logged into four days prior to that, and the email that is linked to that option happens to be my mom's main email account, so it's simply not an option for her to be unable to log into that email account for four days.

If I call customer support tomorrow, will they really be able to help me reset the password? I really, really can't recall it, and the security question was a bust, too, even though it should've been easy, considering what I had put down as the answer when I set it up.

Thanks again.

I think talking to a live person is your best bet at this point. They probably have some other tricks up their sleeve.