- 2 Posts
App won't update?
I downloaded an app from outside of google play. Google Play also has the app in their store. When I go to the app page on google play, it shows its installed. It's not listed in my apps though, but google play sees that I have it installed. I know that there is an update for the app, and a page for it on Google Play. When I go to the page it says "open" but does not show the update. I have it set to auto update, but it doesn't. Is this because it was not downloaded through google play? Is there away to fix this other than uninstalling and reinstalling from google play?
- 11-03-2013, 04:37 PM #2
- 2,196 Posts
Re: App won't update?
Delete the app from your phone and reinstall it from the Play store. I recommend against using other app stores anyways.
And not to jump to assumptions, but why would Google let you download an app from somewhere else and let you update it? That would just encourage piracy.
- By kjhee43 in forum Moto XReplies: 12Last Post: 11-07-2013, 09:35 PM
- By semp1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:53 AM
- By schroom1002 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 11-03-2013, 01:18 PM
- By mikewah in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 7Last Post: 11-03-2013, 11:37 AM
- By papafrankm in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 11-03-2013, 09:16 AM