Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By subyroo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Google Play Store Not Installed

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110 and for some reason I cannot find my Google Play Store app, I have looked to see if my wife had disabled it but I cannot even find it listed under the apps in the menu.

Google Play Store is missing from my Settings > Application Manager, it does not appear in the list anywhere.

I downloaded an apk file called Google Play Store v4.0 to re-install it but it says that Google Play Store is not installed, I know it is/was installed as I have used it before to download apps onto my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 plenty of times.

Is there any way of re-installing the Google Play Store app to my Galaxy Tab 2?

Default Re: Google Play Store Not Installed

Welcome to Android Central! In your App Manager, can you scroll all the way down to see any Disabled apps? Or is there a separate column or screen for Disabled apps? On Nexus devices with KitKat, if you go to Settings>Apps, there is a separate column for Disabled apps. On Jellybean, the Disabled apps were listed at the very bottom of the "All" list.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The only disabled service in the listing is Samsung Push Service which has to do with the Samsung App Store or something like that name.
    The Google play Store is non existent on the Tab 2, I cannot find any ref to it anywhere, I suspect my wife (dare I say it ) uninstalled it or dumped in the rubbish bin.

Assuming you are not rooted, it isn't possible to uninstall or remove the Google Play Store, because it's a preinstalled system app. I know that there is an option to hide apps in the app drawer on at least some Samsung devices--can you see if you can "unhide" all hidden apps?

What country are you in? The Google Play Store isn't available in every country yet, but it should be available in most.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok! I will have a look and get back to you.

Thanks.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I am in Australia, Google Play Store was installed on the Tab 2 10.1 as I have used it before to download apps.
    Since my wife has commandeered it to use as her epub reader the Google Play Store icon has gone missing and I cannot locate it in the Apps Mgr menu.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Problem solved, I ended up backing my files to my Desktop PC and resetting the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to Factory Settings and restoring my files.

Thanks for your help B.Diddy.
    B. Diddy likes this.