- 411 Posts
How to transfer apps to new device?
Can you transition between two devices where you can install an app you've already paid for on the new device and then delete it from the old?
Is there some process that makes this easy (dl your existing apps onto new device)
What about the data and folders that the app used on your old device...if you want to keep preferences and files, etc, do you need to physically move those to the new device?
- 04-09-2014, 05:00 PM #2
Re: How to transfer apps to new device?
As long as you're logged in to the same Google account on the new device, you can install the same apps there. If you have the "Backup data" setting checked in Settings>Backup & reset on the older device, then sometimes that app's data will carry over to the new device, if it was stored in the cloud. But not every app does this. If an app stores data locally, then it might be tricky to move that data over to the new device, because each app will store data a little differently.
- 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM #3
- By GregMargie in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 8Last Post: 04-12-2014, 11:02 AM
- By withavision in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 04-11-2014, 06:12 AM
- By Nguyenning in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM
- By yuppicide in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2014, 09:55 PM
- By withavision in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2014, 05:27 PM