I'm wanting to get a new phone and thinking about getting a cheaper Android phone. I hate getting a new phone and finding out that certain games aren't compatible with it, so I was wondering if there was a way to find out before I actually buy a new device.

Obviously, almost all apps and games will be compatible with the popular, high-end phones, but what about things like the Samsung Galaxy Avant from T-Mobile? It has good enough specs to run most of the games that I would want to play, but past experience has shown me that that doesn't always mean anything.

I can search the Play Store as a device I already own and apps that aren't compatible will let me know. Is there a way to search the Play Store as a device that you don't have to check app compatibility? Or is there maybe a way to check what all devices a particular game/app are listing as compatible? I have searched around for a while and can't find anything to help with this.
    08-29-2014 12:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a good question. Maybe you could email the developer of a game or app that you're interested in and see if they can tell you about the compatibility.
    08-29-2014 03:46 PM
    Thanks for the response. I thought about trying that, but was just hoping for a more technical way of doing it so that I check multiple apps/games without having to email them all individually. That will probably be what I end up having to do though.
    08-29-2014 04:17 PM
    Or search for someone with the same device as you, and, if they're kind enough, they may tell you if certain apps ar working for them or not.
    09-01-2014 04:20 PM