Need advice on an RMA that was cancelled.

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
So back in July I was having issues with power button on my N5. I contacted google and they agreed to send a refurb one. Well while waiting for my replacement my n5 took a little tumble and the screen broke. Knowing at the time they didn't cover broken screen I contacted them and said that I had damged the screen and understood they wouldn't cover it. They said they had to cancel the RMA which I understood. Well I have come to discover they had sent the device anyways and has been sitting at my office since the end of July! I was never charged for it and never sent them my broken one. Part of me wants to hope I'm lucky and I can just use it but I also feel guilty/afraid I could be charged for it. I know there are rummors google will replace a broken screen one time but I'm also afraid if I call and they might also catch their mistake about not charging/return the RMA. Any advice would be appricated!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd let them know about it. They may be willing to return the favor, they may want you to ship it back (at their cost) - but IMO the right thing to do is to let them know of the crossed wires and be willing to settle it up.

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's what my moral compass was telling me to do too. I guess it's just I can't afford to replace it out of pocket and just needed a nudge to do the right thing just because it's going to be sad to part ways with the N5. Fingers crossed the karma will come back to me lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana