How do I change the location in the Google Play store to download apps?

A

AC Question

How do I change location on google play store to download apps

Hi, I moved from Ireland to Australia, and need to change my GooglePlay store so I can download apps here. I have a Nexus5. I have done all steps advised ( Delete all of your payment methods from Google Wallet, and only add a card to one with a billing address located inside your desired country. Clear data from the Google Play Store application). However, I cannot do the last step which is to log out and then log back into my play account. When I go to remove account it says it will delete all messages, contacts and data from my phone. Will this come back when I log back in? Or is there another way to change my country? It is urgent I get these apps for work and also banking. Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I change location on google play store to download apps

Hi, I moved from Ireland to Australia, and need to change my GooglePlay store so I can download apps here. I have a Nexus5. I have done all steps advised ( Delete all of your payment methods from Google Wallet, and only add a card to one with a billing address located inside your desired country. Clear data from the Google Play Store application). However, I cannot do the last step which is to log out and then log back into my play account. When I go to remove account it says it will delete all messages, contacts and data from my phone. Will this come back when I log back in? Or is there another way to change my country? It is urgent I get these apps for work and also banking. Thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

Just make sure all your photos and contacts are backed up to Google. You can back up your messages with an app along with your call log. Just make sure you move the backup files to your PC just in case something happens.

123playcard

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure you can switch back and forth among countries, especially when you already buy something on the current Google Play store. Maybe a new Gmail / Google Play account with the Australia address will be better

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer