When is Google going to fix the Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped error?

A

AC Question

When are Google going to fix the "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" error

So, just Google this error and you will find no shortage of users complaining about this error message for some time, but in the last week something severe has happened with the latest update.

Checkout out the latest reviews on the Play Store: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_GB. Since the last week the number of 1 votes has gone up tremendously.

For some it's a couple times a day, for others a few times a hour, for others (like me) it's 4-6 times per minute. It renders the phone completely unusable because the message locks up the UI. It happens right after a clean reboot, and happens regardless of force stopping/disabling the service! Clearing the data and cache makes no difference for me and the vast majority of users experiencing the problem. Removing all Google accounts and re-synching makes no difference. Downgrading and upgrading the services makes no difference. The only thing that cures it is to completely uninstall all updates to the service and let it ***** about being old, but then every other Google app complains it cannot run because Play Services needs updating. What happened to ethical and modular development standards Google???

I have a Samsung S3 (GT-I9300) running Android 4.3. Kernel 3.0.31-2735602. Build number JSS15J.I9300XXUGNH4. I had this issue on an older ROM and also on a custom ROM I installed in the distant past. The only way I was able to fix the problem was by performing a clean wipe. I am NOT prepared to do that for the 3rd time this year. The phone is perfect for my needs but rendered completely unusable by this devil service called Google Play Services. This service and the way it runs, updates and crashes displays no sense and logic.

Would appreciate if Android Central could look into this and possibly highlight this issue as Google seem to be ignoring the user community.

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: When are Google going to fix the "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" error

Honestly! Been having this issue for weeks now, with no solution. I have tried every online except factory reset but nothing works. Several reports and complaints to Google, no response!

Posted via my awesome N4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel