Why aren't Google Play and other apps working on my phone?

EhGuyFromCanada

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Google Play and other apps no longer working on my phone.

I have a CAT s50, i recently tried to root and worked perfectly and then i wanted to get rid of it. so i did all the things i could and now my google apps wont open. google+, google play and other apps related to google.

i have cleared all data and cache on multiple apps, nothing seems to be working,

i found few videos on changing a fire "hosts" by adding a "#" infront of the one ip. that didnt work. i tired to reset the phone to factory. that didnt work either.

i heard you can factory reset on a thing called odin. but im not 100% sure on how to use. i know you need some firmware i just dont know what one would be needed for my phone.

not sure what else i can do. its a little annoying not being able to use my phone to the fullest.

hope someone can help me!

Thanks
Mike

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Play and other apps no longer working on my phone.

I have a CAT s50, i recently tried to root and worked perfectly and then i wanted to get rid of it. so i did all the things i could and now my google apps wont open. google+, google play and other apps related to google.

i have cleared all data and cache on multiple apps, nothing seems to be working,

i found few videos on changing a fire "hosts" by adding a "#" infront of the one ip. that didnt work. i tired to reset the phone to factory. that didnt work either.

i heard you can factory reset on a thing called odin. but im not 100% sure on how to use. i know you need some firmware i just dont know what one would be needed for my phone.

not sure what else i can do. its a little annoying not being able to use my phone to the fullest.

hope someone can help me!

Thanks
Mike

ODIN is for Samsung phones and probably won't work with your phone. Try going to the manufactures website and see if there is a software suite for updating the software.