Why can't I install the Play Store on my tablet?

A

AC Question

cannot install play store on tablet

When I bought my tablet google play store was installed and I could see the icon on the homescreen. Then I accidentally deleted it, so I tried to re-installed it: I downloaded the apk and proceeded with the installation. A message pops up saying that the app is correctly installed but where I should be able to click the two options 'Finish' and 'Open' I can click only 'Finish' because the 'Open' app option is greyed out so I cannot click it. Also, if I go to Settings>Applications>All I can find no app with name 'google store' or similar, I have only things like 'google play services' or 'google services framework' but no 'google play store'.

Is there a way I can have the store back on my tablet?

Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: cannot install play store on tablet

When I bought my tablet google play store was installed and I could see the icon on the homescreen. Then I accidentally deleted it, so I tried to re-installed it: I downloaded the apk and proceeded with the installation. A message pops up saying that the app is correctly installed but where I should be able to click the two options 'Finish' and 'Open' I can click only 'Finish' because the 'Open' app option is greyed out so I cannot click it. Also, if I go to Settings>Applications>All I can find no app with name 'google store' or similar, I have only things like 'google play services' or 'google services framework' but no 'google play store'.

Is there a way I can have the store back on my tablet?

Thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever get this figured out? Did you try a factory reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol