I factory reset on an older tablet, now the Play Store apps won't install. What could the problem be?

A

AC Question

factory reset on older tablet, now play store apps won't install

Hi. I have an older Toshiba tablet (an AT100 running Android 3.1). I'm giving it to my niece, so I did a factory reset. When it came back up from the reset, most things are fine, but the Google Play Store gives me an error every time I try to install any of my apps. The permissions acceptance screen comes up as normal, then it starts to install for a moment, then an error box appears that reads "[app name] could not be downloaded due to an error. {Error retrieving information from the server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-7 [rest of string different each time]}]".

I was able to successfully download the Amazon App Store and install apps through it, but some of the apps I want aren't in the Amazon store but are in her Google apps account. I saw somewhere else on this forum a suggestion to force stop Google Services Framework, clear the data, and restart the tablet; I tried this to no avail.

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: factory reset on older tablet, now play store apps won't install

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, then go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account completely, then add it back.

Gabrielle Person

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: factory reset on older tablet, now play store apps won't install

We have the same problem. I have an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101. I just got a newer tablet so we wanted to give this one to our daughter. I factory reset it. Got her logged into it with an account. But we get the same error any time we try to download anything from either the Market or Play Store. I downloaded Amazon App Store but that force closes every time I try to run it. So no go there either. This is very disappointing.

We did the steps you mentioned except removing the account. Because that doesn't work on Androind 3.2. When you're in Settings>Accounts you can see the account. You can check what you want to sync but it gives you no option to remove it.