Why can't I update my HTC account from the Play Store?

A

AC Question

why i cannot update htc account from the play store ?

I am using HTC Desire 816 with upgraded software lollipop 5.0.2. and am trying to take a backup of my data over HTC account. But am unable to do so because my phone says you need to update your HTC account. When I try to update it from the play store, it gives me an error stating your device is not compatible with this version. Please guide me on this to fix it ASAP.

yasin geddi

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: why i cannot update htc account from the play store ?

I get the same message on every HTC I try to use. I think it's a problem from HTC and that it will be over tomorrow

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on the htc desire 526. This is a pretty big bug, phone is new out of the box, pretty big bug to get through those guys. Not gonna help them make a comeback.

Rose babu

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have desire eye with me.i came across the same issue but now I got the solution...there is nothing big to do friends .just go to play store update ur HTC SENSE HOME app and restart the device if required relogin HTC account...that all you have to do....

pantsme

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I just figured out a way around it. I went to HTCsense.com or whatever the site is, and linked my HTC account wiht my Google account. I then went to my phone and clikced on the Setup Wizard on my HTC One M8. I clicked on the Offers section, and it let me sign in there with my HTC account linked to my Google account. From there, everything that was giving the weird error about having to update HTC account or whatever started working as I was signed in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18