Why can't Google Play find installed apps after switching Google accounts?

A

AC Question

Google Play can't find installed apps after switching Google account

I switched my Google account on my smartphone and now Google Play can't find apps that are installed in the smartphone, so I can't update them. I would like to ask if it is possible to force Google Play to "scan" my phone for installed apps or if I'll have to reinstall all my apps.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Play can't find installed apps after switching Google account

It could be that some apps are not available anymore in the Play Store. Tell us which ones and we'll search for them.

comantelix36

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for ambiguous formulation of question.
My problem is that, after I switched accounts, list of installed apps is blank. Is it possible to transfer data about installed apps from my previous account or somehow "scan" list of installed apps from my phones internal storage ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Got it now :) Did you removed your original Google account? I've got two different accounts but just use one to download my apps. If you have both still in your phone the "installed" tab should show every app on your phone and the "all" tab just the ones linked to that specific account. You can have apps running from both of them but they will update only when signed to the account used for the initial download.

comantelix36

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I have 16GB ROM (no SD card slot) smartphone, so I deleted the account to save data ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay