I have internet connectivity but my Google Play still says no connection, how do I fix it?

A

AC Question

i have internet connectivity but my google play still says no connction, how do i fix it?

My google play basically tells me no connection try again bit i have internet connectivity

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have internet connectivity but my google play still says no connction, how do i fix it?

Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, try going to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your Google account, and remove it completely from the phone. Then add it back again, and see if that helps.

Happy New Year!

GarzaPLLC

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I hope someone can help. Here is the problem: I have a Wi-Fi connection, but Google Play, Netflix and Youtube all have problems with the Wi-Fi connection.

I can still surf (websites, etc.) but Google Play gets hung up on "Downloading . . ." before getting an Error 495 Code.

I've tried Apps--Clear Cache and Clear Storage for Bluetooth, Google Play Store, and Google Play Services. None of these have worked. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting Wi-Fi, tried a cache reboot (with a Samsung tech on the line). Still no help.

Tech suggested backup and then reset to factory settings. Any thoughts? Anyone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to try is to log into your router's settings (using your desktop browser -- read the router manual to learn how) and disable IPv6. Sometimes, for unclear reasons, Google servers work better over IPv4 than IPv6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC