Google+ Tips and Tricks (Ask/Answer)

fastoy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Second Google Account for Google+

I have my Android phone connected to my Google Apps account which doesn't support Plus (sigh). I have another Gmail account that I'm using for Google Plus but it's not on the Phone. How can I login to the Android Google Plus app using that Gmail account? What does that do to the other Google services on the phone?

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Lots of asking (which is good) and less answering...Let's hope Google can open up the floodgates again and send out more invites!!!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Q: Is there a way to create a circle using a Group you already have set up in Gmail? I have several groups set up in Gmail that I hope I can just bring over to G+. Those groups are rather large and I'd hate to have to set them up again.
No.

Is there any way to sort your stream? Ive look all over but cannot find it. To sort it by date or most recent post, or by most +1s or most re-shared, etc., instead of the default? Has anyone found a way to do this?
You can sort by Circles or Incoming. The post with the most current activity, whether a brand new post or a new comment to an existing post, will be at the top.

Q: Can you only log into the android app with a gmail acct? A friend signed up with his yahoo, and he said it wouldn't let him log into the app with it, only gave him the option for his gmail.
No. As was stated, a gmail address and google profile are both required.

What happens when my contacts have several emails and it asks me to add them to circles when I already have them added to circles? Is there away to link all emails to the same person so I don't have them in the add to circles suggestion area?
:D:D:D:D by the way I love it so far!!!
No. Each email address is a separate "person" or identity.

another thing... is the stream suppose to stream?? I get notifications and I have to reload the damn page...:mad:
Mine autorefreshes new posts but you still may have to manually act upon notifications depending on what is being notified.

Reactions: jfstx1

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
What happens when my contacts have several emails and it asks me to add them to circles when I already have them added to circles? Is there away to link all emails to the same person so I don't have them in the add to circles suggestion area?
:D:D:D:D by the way I love it so far!!!

With this said, is there a way to see all the associated emails for the contacts that are in G+? And where do those emails come from? Some of my contacts from Gmail are not showing up in G+...

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
How do I import contacts from Gmail?
You don't.

The contacts in your gmail will be suggested under your Circles tab under Find and Invite if they're not yet a G+ member. If they ARE a member then you don't have to do anything other than tag them in posts or manually add them to whichever Circle(s) you want them in.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if anyone noticed this but if you start a hangout (with video cam) then close the hangout window, you can join your own hangout and see yourself twice! One big screen and one small screen! It's a very strange thing!

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You don't.

The contacts in your gmail will be suggested under your Circles tab under Find and Invite if they're not yet a G+ member. If they ARE a member then you don't have to do anything other than tag them in posts or manually add them to whichever Circle(s) you want them in.

I have specific emails (of people I contact all the time) that are definitely not showing up. It is very strange.

UPDATE: There is an "Update from address book" option on the circles page.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to post a comment to a shared comment and add media (such as pictures, videos, links)?

Also, I get my chats popping up in G+ and in Gmail...Is there a way to have them only pop up in one place or the other?

Last edited:

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to post a comment to a shared comment and add media (such as pictures, videos, links)?

Also, I get my chats popping up in G+ and in Gmail...Is there a way to have them only pop up in one place or the other?
no, not if you have a gmail tab opened. their thinking on this one is being able to carry on a conversation seamlessly regardless of which tab you're working in.

so if youre on G+ and talking and then your buddy sends you an email you can hop on over to the gmail tab to open the email while continuing the conversation.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
IS there a way to add a picture to a post that is already been going on? Looks like all my options to add pictures, video, links, etc. are not available unless it is an original post. :(

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
When I look at my profile > about on the android app, it shows an old email address from an old job. It is not on the browser profile > about, and it is not under my contact info in gmail.

Also, on my phone, my wife's profile > about shows her email address misspelled, but it is correct on her profile and in my contact list.

Does anyone know where it is getting the about info for the phone app, because it does not match the info from the browser about page?

Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.