Suggestion for improvement core apps Android

wavemaster

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Contacts:
When any of the following are typed in the apps should search based on that information.

phone numbers, first name, last name, company name, or nickname

The nickname field is important because sometime peoples last names are difficult to type in or pronounce and you can give them a nickname to make it easier to recognize.

Voice Dialing:
Look at Microsoft Voice Command, that should be the bare minimum, improve from there.
Currently google voice is substandard compared with Voice Command.

Yes, nickname should be a recognized field even in voice dialing.

And a confirmation is essential. Like in: dial John Doe and mobile? Yes or No!

hgd718

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
any contact you create should be saved also to your google contacts first.

make it easier to create groups of contacts that you email or text frequently like a team or a class.

i would like to see shared calendars on my phone. can only sync 1 cal, but i subscribe to others like holidays, movies, sports,

FL Guy

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Contacts: I really need the ability to partition my contacts into _separate_ collections (a la Outlook's folders). No, Groups (while nice, and useful) are not a replacement for this for me.

For example, all basic contacts are synced to my Android phone - that's great. I also have two (large) collections of contacts which I _don't_ want synced to my phone. I'd like to be able to keep them in Google contacts also.

As far as I can tell, while there seem to be partial and/or clumsy work arounds, the simplest solution today seems to be creating multiple additional Google accounts. Hardly seems ideal... If there is a (good) solution for this, please make it MUCH easier to find. Otherwise...

Please consider including the ability to create _separate_ sets of contacts (folders) in the Contact app?

Otherwise, I'll need to find a third party contact mgmt app which does include this capability.