Google+ Feature Request & Bug Report List

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
The ability to reply to a post via email notification.

The ability to sync google latitude with profile. (That might be a bad idea)
Instant upload doesn't work for me unless I hit "Upload existing photos" in the mobile app. I've fiddled with all of the settings, still no dice.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Heres a good one that I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from.

The instant uploaded pictures.. Google can you pleeeasseee add a option to move them into ALREADY MADE albums instead of new ones or a set album for instant uploads!? That would be fantastic for my mobile, and I think it effects the desktop version as well!

Jugzwei

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Give us the option to allow us to show others what circle we have added them to. A real pain having to guess if someone is from AC and other place. Granted some people dont want there circles public, but the option would be nice.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
In no particular order:
  • Ability to hide certain circles from your default stream (yes, it's on the way, I understand). Yes, this is basically a "People To Mute" circle, or "People I Check In On Once-in-a-While" circle.
  • Ability to decide which Circles always show on the left (and in what order), and which are "hidden" when the list is collapsed. Very important if the above suggestion comes true.
  • Ability to collapse and expand comments
  • Ability to turn off a share of any post that has already shown up in your stream (I'm thinking of posts shared in an n-tier fashion). Somewhere they can be shown, but not in the primary stream.
  • Ability to create "Public" circles which people can opt themselves into. This is a slippery slope of maintenance, though. It's probably best for companies who can separate news posts from sales posts from feedback requests, etc. (So you don't have 10 Best Buy accounts, like you do on Twitter). Another example is Romain Guy. I like his photography, but some people may only want his Android posts. If he created a public "Photos" and "Android" circles that people could opt into, that would be good in general. That's just an example.
  • Better maintenance of "Sparks." I like running (as in marathons). If I put in "Running" as a spark, I just get all articles with "Running" in the text. That is fairly useless. Google Reader may been need to be integrated into Sparks somehow.
  • Add huddle to desktop and allow lots and lots of people to use it. I'm thinking of the hated Twitter hashtag "chat" sessions. That was one thing that drove me from Twitter. #Obnoxious (Did I just do that?). A good MMO chat option could steal a lot of twitter users, at least for their "chat" sessions. I'm thinking they send out a tweet with a link to the G+ Huddle. Bang: new users.
  • Speaking of sparks, it would be cool if you could attach "spark tags" to posts, yes, similar to Twitter hash tags. If they showed up in your sparks list under the news stories, that would be cool. You could use * instead of #.

Despite the list, I love G+. I just wish some of my friends would get off FB, but FB has a lot in inertia and a FB user at rest tends to stay at rest. I fear G+ will become the geek place to be, with "normal" people staying on crappy old FB.

Last edited:

gabe84

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It'd be nice to edit my posts on G+ on my phone. I spelled something incorrectly and I couldn't edit my post. Had to wait until I was on my desktop or laptop to edit the post.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You guys are coming up with some really good observations and ideas.

I'd also like a notifications widget. I guess I could use an email widget that displays the latest message in a specific email folder.

I agree with all 5 of those.

<off-topic>
"Feature" is spelled wrong in the title of this thread.
</off-topic>

It happens almost every single time I write something. I usually catch it, but not this time.

How about simply being able to edit your comments on the mobile Android app? I typed "whuch" instead of "which" last night and wasn't even able to quickly fix it

Me too! I actually jumped out of bed the other night, and ran to my laptop to fix something that my phone had auto predicted incorrectly.

I want the option or feature to THEME google +

I was thinking that exact same thing.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The option to customize something and make it yours is what makes Android so great! Google NEEDS to make more customization options if they want a leg up on the competition. I know that is KINDA what Myspace was back in the day.. HELLA wallpapers etc.. but I know that it can be done elegantly and not in a Teeny Bopper way.

The same request would go for the Google + app. Even tho we can prob theme that already ;)

tgaskill

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree with many of Cory's points. I think the obvious answer to #6 would be the addition of a -1 button. I also wish the list of people who have shared a post would stay collapsed until the "(#) shares" link is clicked. It's already annoying having to scroll past 1,000 people who have shared Tom Anderson's post, and it will only get worse once there are more users on Google+.

khelek

May 29, 2010
Visit site
One thing I was just reminded of tonight -- a better way to move among notifications in the app. Currently, to move from one notification to another, you select one, hit 'back' go to the next one, hit 'back', etc. Would be nice if you could swipe left <-> right to move older <-> newer or have some sort of key to tap to move you to the next one without having to do what we have to now.

ddroid94

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
+ 1 for editing posts from app

[*] Sparks added to app
[*] I would like to be able to share posts from the app as well.

Sent from my Optimus S using tapatalk.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It'd be nice to edit my posts on G+ on my phone. I spelled something incorrectly and I couldn't edit my post. Had to wait until I was on my desktop or laptop to edit the post.

If you can navigate to the desktop version on your phone or tablet, you can edit the post (it's a real PITA). What you CAN'T do this way is to add photos to a post. The button is there but it doesn't respond to presses.

TJH