Finally deleted my G+ profile

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, my Google + account was sitting unused for months and I saw no reason to jump into it or even keep it around. I saw no value in using it (for me, at least). I hesitated for a long time just because of the "maybe some day" reason I give to almost everything that sits unused online or in my house...anything from browser bookmarks and web-based email accounts to mysterious keys and buttons in the junk drawer of our kitchen.

One of my Facebook friends inspired me today. She deleted her G+ profile and I decided I had no real use for it, so I bit the bullet and deleted mine and uninstalled the app from my phone. Sometimes it's good to clean house. Maybe later tonight I'll go through that junk drawer at home.

Sorry, Google +. Nothing personal.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
With the rate Android is taking over the phone industry and the heavy integration Google+ has with Ice Cream Sandwich, I'd say it was a wise decision.

TinyBubbles

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone ever use Google +? Maybe I'm out of the loop. I still don't get the +1 feature, was that suppose to be similar to the "like" button on facebook?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have never made one and I never will at this point. I see it pretty useless. I mean this opinion can change in time but for right now...I am sticking with Facebook!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
With the rate Android is taking over the phone industry and the heavy integration Google+ has with Ice Cream Sandwich, I'd say it was a wise decision.

They can integrate it all they want...won't change a thing, except now it'll be one more thing for me to ignore alongside Twitter.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They can integrate it all they want...won't change a thing, except now it'll be one more thing for me to ignore alongside Twitter.

Cool story bro, I left Facebook over a month ago and never looked back. Google+ performs better and is more secure than the Zuckerberg establishment that logs me in by itself sans username and password on a clean install, signs me in and out of chat whenever it feels like resulting in a ton of people thinking I'm ignoring them, and changes my privacy settings without my consent on a monthly basis.

I go with what provides the best experience. Jumped ship to G+ and my friends followed. Guess to the 50+ million people who use it, Facebook is just one more thing for us to ignore.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Cool story bro, I left Facebook over a month ago and never looked back. Google+ performs better and is more secure than the Zuckerberg establishment that logs me in by itself sans username and password on a clean install, signs me in and out of chat whenever it feels like resulting in a ton of people thinking I'm ignoring them, and changes my privacy settings without my consent on a monthly basis.

I go with what provides the best experience. Jumped ship to G+ and my friends followed. Guess to the 50+ million people who use it, Facebook is just one more thing for us to ignore.

50+ million who USE it or 50+ million who, like me, had a profile? big difference and important distinction.

I'm not really interested in a p***ing match. Google+ may be far superior in many ways...but it doesn't mean it's worth upending my online social presence just to make some statement that nobody cares about.

Reactions: phonejunky

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
4db077e0523fdc66277297285b4dafbf.jpg

bobsageek

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'll take Google+ with proper privacy controls and thoughtful post versus a wall full of "I had toast this morning" or some of Zuck's patented "friction-less sharing that does stuff we forgot to tell you about".

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd take google+ except that absolutely nobody I knew is on it, nobody I know is interested in using it and I haven't used it in a month or so.

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I love g+ not only r my friends on it but i met new friends because of it. Not new "hang out" friends but cool people to converse with on g+ that live in my area.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

sdfvn

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I use google+ all the time, but only because it automatically uploads the photos I take on my phone to a private photo album. Makes it much easier to get to them on my computer.

Reactions: phonejunky

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I seldom use it. Matter of fact, I should jump over on it to try and grasp it more. Seems confusing compared to facebook or twitter. Maybe just something you need to get used to?

I only have maybe 6 people on it. Nobody I personally know uses it.either.

Sent from I am on Fire!

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Remember when MySpace was all the rage? Then remember how quickly it died do to security and Facebook? Only a matter of time with Google + imo.

Reactions: giograves

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone ever use Google +? Maybe I'm out of the loop. I still don't get the +1 feature, was that suppose to be similar to the "like" button on facebook?

Yes, except better. All of those times you wish there was a dislike button on facebook because liking a status about your friend being sick doesn't seem right? Yeah, +1 works because it is void of connotation.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I love Google+ yes I use it for people I have met here and have no family on it (Facebook works for that) but it is fun. Much more alive than Facebook. I deleted my my________ account, shall I thread and ask a mod to stickie;) lmoa.....