Finally deleted my G+ profile

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I really want to but how will deleting it affect latitude? ? Aside from Gmail it is the only other product I use. . Don't wanna lose it. :p

Quitting G+ shouldn't do anything to latitude. The unifying thing is your Gmail address. As long as you keep that, you should be okay.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
That's not a challenge, it's just common sense for *most* people. Facebook has too much functionality to bother fragmenting your own user experience across other services. Google is also looser about privacy than Facebook these days and I don't appreciate how they're trying to force people to join Google+ to use other services (those people who just want a YouTube channel won't actually use Google+ BTW, they just want to post their videos and troll videos on YouTube, just saying).

It's like having Facebook + Flickr +YouTube + Yelp + Foursquare + Google Talk + whatever when Facebook hosts Photos/Videos, has Places, has Check-In, has Messenger, etc. It's just much easier to do everything on Facebook, and trying to get people to move to Google+ as you cross post all your content between two services is not worth the energy.

Vitis Vinifera

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I like Google+ quite a bit. I'm not very social with these things I just like multimedia sharing on it if I'd like some entertainment, so you don't need to maintain it like certain other social networks.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's not a challenge, it's just common sense for *most* people. Facebook has too much functionality to bother fragmenting your own user experience across other services. Google is also looser about privacy than Facebook these days and I don't appreciate how they're trying to force people to join Google+ to use other services (those people who just want a YouTube channel won't actually use Google+ BTW, they just want to post their videos and troll videos on YouTube, just saying).

It's like having Facebook + Flickr +YouTube + Yelp + Foursquare + Google Talk + whatever when Facebook hosts Photos/Videos, has Places, has Check-In, has Messenger, etc. It's just much easier to do everything on Facebook, and trying to get people to move to Google+ as you cross post all your content between two services is not worth the energy.
It is a challenge cause you say that it's either Facebook or G+. And I have both, so I won. :p

I have one group of friends on Facebook and one on G+. It doesn't take alot of energy. haha

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thread Bump:

I killed off G+ long ago. I dislike pretty much all "social media", G+ was horrible when I sat and looked at all the mundane and pointless gibberish (mostly 2-3 word quips) people felt compelled to post every minute of the day. Seriously people, I don't give to squirts about what kind of hamburger you are eating "right now" ...or any other mindless drivel you spout out just to see yourself talk.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhhhh it's just for amusement. If everyone thought like you I guess they could say "why should we care that you deleted your g+ account"?

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have tech friends on G+ and have a lot of science, photography and travel pages in my circles. It's a nice place to visit for me. If you don't like the posts on G+ clean up your circles. Simple.

I have family and friends on Facebook, and all the drama that comes with that. Everyone can reach me on FB, and I can rant to my hearts content, because I know I can slip away to G+ and chill out.

Best of both worlds. :)

Sent via Note II

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Neither option appeals to me. I really dislike all the likes of FB, G+, Twitter, Insta-whatever etc. Bored me to tears hence my reason for not utilizing any of them in my daily life. Quite refreshing not being too "attached" to the online world.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thread Bump:

I killed off G+ long ago. I dislike pretty much all "social media", G+ was horrible when I sat and looked at all the mundane and pointless gibberish (mostly 2-3 word quips) people felt compelled to post every minute of the day. Seriously people, I don't give to squirts about what kind of hamburger you are eating "right now" ...or any other mindless drivel you spout out just to see yourself talk.

Like there aren't a lot of people on FB that don't do the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Like there aren't a lot of people on FB that don't do the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
Don't friend them, or if you must friend them then set it up so that their posts are not appearing in your News Feed. This is all pretty easy. Google+ is no different, except for the fact that you actually have a bit less control over what shows up in your Stream and how it shows up. I'm still utterly baffled at how Google Chooses what to show to me in my Stream. I had one post form days ago, followed by one from Minutes ago, followed by one from Hours ago. There is no Toggle to go between "Most Recent" and "Top Stories" on Facebook. At least, not one that I seen...

This is very troublesome in the Mobile App, which is not multi-column (unless you're using a Tablet).

The YouTube requiring Google+ issue is becoming a non-factor as a lot of Video Blogs that I follow are switching to Vimeo :)

xpcjx87

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It sat unused because you didn't use it, genius. Not because its boring or useless. It will become what you want it to be. Facebook is for people you already know but Google+ is for people you want to know.

-------------------------
Motorola Droid Bionic: PAC 4.3.1 (AOKP JB-MR2, CM 10.2, PA 3.99 RC2) =^_^=

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781