Google plus question

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I created my account with gmail long before Google plus came along. I used my real name since I used it for my job. Now my real name shows up on Google plus. Am I stuck? No way to add a user name/fake name?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Been awhile since I used G+ but I think you can still change your name on your profile. When you do it will also change the name on your GMail account. At least that's how it worked back when I did it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Been awhile since I used G+ but I think you can still change your name on your profile. When you do it will also change the name on your GMail account. At least that's how it worked back when I did it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I don't think so....well if I'm wrong I sure can't figure out how to do it.
:confused:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sign in to Google Dashboard. Under "Profile" click on "Edit Profile", then click on your name in the upper left and change it to what you prefer Google+ to show.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Sign in to Google Dashboard. Under "Profile" click on "Edit Profile", then click on your name in the upper left and change it to what you prefer Google+ to show.

Tried it. Thanks. didn't work. :banghead: wonder how hard it would be to create all new profile and start over?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why. I tried it myself before I suggested that. You can't change your gmail name, but I assume you know that already.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I added a nickname. It would be nice to have an option to use it. Or a choice between using my name or using my nickname.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes!!!:thumbup: I did it!! I changed my name on Google plus! ! :eek::beer:I did the exact same thing as every other time except this time it worked. :)

nrvaghela

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When you have created Gmail account then their is no need to create Google Plus account separately because Google automatically links to Google Plus account when you create Gmail account and its automatically login in Google Plus when you logged in Gmail.