Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Easiest way to get Google+ auto upload photos on your PC?

If Google would make your pics available in a folder in your Google Drive, that would be awesome. You could have them auto-sync to your PC, ala Dropbox with the Drive PC app, and have them backed up in the cloud as well.

As it is, it's a bit of a PITA to manually download pics to your computer, organize them, or to share them from your PC via non-Google+ methods.

Does anyone have a preferred method for getting your Google+ pics in the cloud to your PC? Obviously, you can do it manually, but I've turned off Google+ auto upload and enabled Dropbox photo sync, because I'd prefer to keep local copies at home as well as in the Cloud.

Default Re: Easiest way to get Google+ auto upload photos on your PC?

folder sync. but why they dont have auto backup for drive astounds me.

Default Re: Easiest way to get Google+ auto upload photos on your PC?

Quite frankly, I stopped using auto upload. I ended up with a mess of photos on Google+ (and I used Picasa web albums to fix since that's the backend). I personally like to tag, and process my photos first before they get uploaded. Straight out of camera photos never look all that great to me. Therefore, I use my camera to simply capture the photos, let Dropbox upload the photos via Camera Upload, then I import my photos to Lightroom for organizing and processing, then export the photos to an album on my SD Card, then delete the original photos from my camera roll.

For photos I want to share right away, I'll just use my apps for all the processing. Even then, that takes a bit of time. Nothing wrong with sharing the photos the next day. That way, I can share the best photos.

I love the way Google+ DISPLAYS photos. I do not like the way they handle photos (for example, if I share a photo from an album, it shows up in an album called "Photos from Posts", which is silly - leave my photos in the albums I put them!)