- 42 Posts
Confusingly, my GMail account is listed twice in Google+ on Android phone
I have Google+ on my Android phone (KitKat 4.4.2).
When I go to Settings > Account Settings, my account is listed twice (see the screenshot).
The accounts appear to be the same, because changes to the settings of one are reflected in the other. The three exceptions are Notifications > Ringtone; Notifications > Vibrate; and Notifications > ON or OFF.
This makes it a bit confusing!
How do I fix this so that my account is listed just once?
- 03-25-2014, 11:00 AM #2
- 42 Posts
Re: Confusingly, my GMail account is listed twice in Google+ on Android phone
No, only Google+ has duplicates.
But some 45 minutes ago I found the solution.
Settings > Account Settings > choose one of the duplicates > menu > Sign out.
It might have been obvious had "Sign out" not been hidden behind the menu.
The side effect is that now my Photos are "Updating library". I don't know exactly what it's doing, because it's been doing that for hour already! I'll be patient and let it update.
I don't know how I came to have a duplicate in the first place, but with luck it's now solved.
- By arch stanton1 in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
- By Woodburner in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM
- By Clementina Phillips in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-26-2014, 12:58 AM
- By mytabletneedsfixing in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2014, 10:20 AM
- By deanstubbings in forum HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 03-25-2014, 09:42 AM