Share your Google+ thoughts

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
are you guys with the mobile app getting your notifications in the status bar?

it seems like they only come through when the app is open and the screen is unlocked.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's a big question. Anyone know how to go about following android central on google+. Also, anyone know of any other big companies that have started Google+ feeds. Ya know, like cnn, foxnews etc... etc... it'd just be nice to actually have something to do on Google+..... just sayin.....

Leo Laporte from Twit.tv

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is a bit over-hyped? Seriously... there is absolutely nothing to it what so ever.. No ones on it, its too much like facebook with new window dressing..

Do you use Farmville too? J/k

It is overhyped as is anything that comes out to squash the big man.

Android was overhyped too but that panned out ok.

Google Wave fizzled lol.

What I like about it is that it is more of a robust Twitter.
Facebook has become so pathetic with all of it's TOS with copyrights of photos, etc.
No Mafia Wars, Eggville, Farmville, Bullsh*tville, etc.

No ads, (YET)

That's why I started the thread on all of us users friending each other to help get it started.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you use Farmville too? J/k

It is overhyped as is anything that comes out to squash the big man.

Android was overhyped too but that panned out ok.

Google Wave fizzled lol.

What I like about it is that it is more of a robust Twitter.
Facebook has become so pathetic with all of it's TOS with copyrights of photos, etc.
No Mafia Wars, Eggville, Farmville, Bullsh*tville, etc.

No ads, (YET)

That's why I started the thread on all of us users friending each other to help get it started.
I like the fact that not all of your contacts will see all your posts. There are some stuff I would share with my family circle, that I won't share with AC Circle. I think that is one of the main features that will help Google+ grow.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using G+ for a few days. It's ok, but it's got a long way to go. At least with Twitter I can protect my tweets and nobody can see them unless I give them permission. Wish G+ was more like that.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using G+ for a few days. It's ok, but it's got a long way to go. At least with Twitter I can protect my tweets and nobody can see them unless I give them permission. Wish G+ was more like that.

If you don't share them with the public, then the public can't see them. It actually goes a step beyond Twitter, letting you direct what you say at a specific group.

You can have your drunk photos, and still get a job ;)

Sent from my Captivate

Reactions: LR7

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
looks like it has potential, I am gonna tell and add some friends and see how they like it, outside of the "tech" sites, forums, etc etc, i wonder if regular fb user would even take a look at it? i think so.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If you don't share them with the public, then the public can't see them. It actually goes a step beyond Twitter, letting you direct what you say at a specific group.

You can have your drunk photos, and still get a job ;)

Sent from my Captivate

The problem is that killing Facebook is going to take years... but the blend of Facebook and twiitter is a good move..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
looks like it has potential, I am gonna tell and add some friends and see how they like it, outside of the "tech" sites, forums, etc etc, i wonder if regular fb user would even take a look at it? i think so.

The problem is that killing Facebook is going to take years... but the blend of Facebook and twiitter is a good move..

I bet most of the people who use Facebook do so because of the lack of a better alternative, and they would love to see Facebook crash and burn. Twitter would have started the downfall already if it had more functionality. It'll be interesting to see what Zuckerburg and co. do now that they have a serious threat (here's hoping for RIM-style ineptitude).

I think Google+ could get mass adoption rather quickly, just because its a Google product. They can push it, people will trust it, and it's easy to sign up if you have a gmail account. With all the hype, people are going to want to try it, and probably stick with it. I'm curious to see how non-tech people like it, and how the setup performs under a real load.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
There could be a better method in place for sending a message to an individual person. You can select people individually in the mobile app easy enough. From the web you have to type a person's name in, and the ensuing list that populates can be rather long if it's a common name. There should be a dropdown list of individuals you have added when choosing who to share with, in addition to the method in place for choosing circles, public, etc..

Errola0

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess this isn't specifically a Google+ issue but I've noticed it more with its introduction, and I'm new to actually doing anything active here and honestly didn't know where to post this random thought.

Though the Google service bar isn't completely new, the recent Google service changes and Google+ now have me using the seemingly ubiquitous black top Google bar more often, and now this problem has become more annoying to me.

Does anyone else find it irritating that when you use the bar to switch to another service such as from Google+ to Gmail, or Gmail to Calender it opens up an entirely new browser tab to take you there?

I just feel like I would much rather the black service bar be like a quick switch between services in a single browser tab. Almost like a tab within a tab if you understand what I'm saying?

Reactions: ANDROID__JUNKIE

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess this isn't specifically a Google+ issue but I've noticed it more with its introduction, and I'm new to actually doing anything active here and honestly didn't know where to post this random thought.

Though the Google service bar isn't completely new, the recent Google service changes and Google+ now have me using the seemingly ubiquitous black top Google bar more often, and now this problem has become more annoying to me.

Does anyone else find it irritating that when you use the bar to switch to another service such as from Google+ to Gmail, or Gmail to Calender it opens up an entirely new browser tab to take you there?

I just feel like I would much rather the black service bar be like a quick switch between services in a single browser tab. Almost like a tab within a tab if you understand what I'm saying?

Co-signed

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

+10000000

BobbyPhoenix

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
OK so I'm stuck on trying to find out how to do something. If you are on someone's profile either web or mobile is there a way to post a comment directly on their "wall"? I see you can email, or post a comment on one of their posts, but I can't seem to post a direct comment. I guess I'm looking for a Facebook kind of way. Like how you click their name from your main feed, go to their wall, and can post. Anyone know how, or can you not do that? Also from the mobile app I can't even find how to email them. How do you message someone from the mobile app?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
To post on their wall through the website, just go on your own stream page, type whatever you want to say, then go down to Add Circles or people to share with.......click that and then start typing their name or email address or whatever.

i dont know about your app questions. im looking.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
OK so I'm stuck on trying to find out how to do something. If you are on someone's profile either web or mobile is there a way to post a comment directly on their "wall"? I see you can email, or post a comment on one of their posts, but I can't seem to post a direct comment. I guess I'm looking for a Facebook kind of way. Like how you click their name from your main feed, go to their wall, and can post. Anyone know how, or can you not do that? Also from the mobile app I can't even find how to email them. How do you message someone from the mobile app?

You can post directly to someone. How you do it is from your home screen type something you want to post and just below that where you normally would add the circles that can read it, instead just type the persons name or email.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Found a great tip that someone posted:

https://plus.google.com/107797841320768724118/posts/KbYc6VxauGK

Ah, just discovered a cool Google+ hack: Use Google+ as your own private bookmarking service and also to jot down quick ideas and notes. How? Create a new circle and name it say My Notes . Then create a new contact using one of your other email addresses, and then drop yourself into this circle. Then share the stuff you want to this circle - web links, notes/ideas, even pictures and videos. They will all show up in your own new private circle. Anytime you want to view it - just click on the My Notes stream. And you can access it from anywhere on the web or mobile phone - with the great new Google+ App on it.

Also, for you Evernote lovers, if the stuff is REALLY cool, you can add your Evernote email addy to the circle, and it will show up in your default Evernote folder. Cool!