Will I get a virtual local number in other countries?

flyboy06

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Fi makes roaming simpler for many reasons, with one caveat. How does someone in the UK call me when I'm in the UK?

Presumably they'd have to dial my USA +1 number, which can cost a lot as it's an international call, even if I'm sitting next to them.

Some startups like Rebtel are providing virtual local numbers for when roaming, Eg Google could allow me to choose a UK and Spanish number to give my contacts there, so their calls to be will be "local".

Any ideas if this is planned?

Thanks!

"Recordar es vivir"

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not planned. The Fi model relies (at least for now) on T-Mobile's (and Sprint's, but mostly T-Mo) roaming freedom for global roaming and data, but with Google Voice's number scheme: You only get an US number. And yes, if you're in the UK, I'd recommend you do the calling (just hang up when someone calls you) as the rates for Fi are way lower than for most other carriers.

Jean Ralfio

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

You can buy virtual number from provider and it can be a local number for recieving calls or a mobile number for recieving sms. For example I am user of service such as freezvon.com and I use virtual UK numbers to be in touch with my customers from UK (I am from France) and I can make calls to them using SIP. Easy and cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1