Project Fi Welcome Kit.. anyone?

Chad Dyke

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
For those who might be confused as I was, the SIM kit only goes to people who have a Nexus already I believe. I never got a SIM kit, all I got was the phone by itself all ready to go, then later on I got the Welcome Kit.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome kit in action. Phone was at 5%, been running since 445am, phone about to die. forgot I had the Fi goodies in my car.
95888f7c2c15dabb1a760f6b84609d28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Once you activate the service, you will eventually get the welcome kit. Expect it about 7-10 days after your service has been activated.

The ones that received the Welcome Kit along with their SIM kit, are the ones that ordered their Nexus 6 at the same time they ordered the SIM kit. Everything was packaged in one box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not here. Ordered my N6 on Amazon and my SIM from Google the next morning. I paid for overnight shipping and the SIM kit was inside my welcome box.

Posted via the Android Central App

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the SIM only and got the welcome kit in the same shipment. I wonder how long they plan to do this for.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Great little gift box. Very useful. The case on mine is a little ill fitted. But it'll do. The charger is awesome.

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I like that I got a free case for the phone since no local stores carry them. I'd just stick with this one but the build quality isn't quite there. There's a split, albeit very small, by the camera cutout. And there's a bubble right next to the power button making it slightly offset. Still happy with it and will continue to use it until my new case and screen protector come in.

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
My sim card is on its way. I'm still with Verizon until September I think so I'm just testing fi out for a month to see if I want to cancel my Verizon for it.

chefjayhawk

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually wasn't expecting it, and didn't even know what the email meant until I looked it up here. I chalked it up to spam or phishing as it has no detail on what it is except "Welcome Kit" but it doesn't even refer to Project Fi.

Seems to be some sort of internal shipping confirmation though.

This makes me happy, as im used to buying samsung phones (Note 2,3,4) and they always have good quality accessories and headphones. The Motorola box had squat in it besides the bulky charger with a tiny USB cable...

Where did the kit ship from?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Where did the kit ship from?

It shipped from Carol Stream, IL.

I got my SIM card and welcome kit today. It took a call to support, but I'm up and running now on Project Fi! I need someone to talk and text with though, as my friends are already confused by my many phone numbers.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just signed up for Fi and only requested a SIM. Received an email letting me know that the SIM and Welcome kit are being shipped to me together.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a SIM card, and got a welcome package with it. It's hardly a make or break thing, but it's nice to receive it!

squareturtle

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine also all came bundled together (in a big box... had to hunt for the sim). So far so good.

ETA: the paperclip was quite handy for changing out the sim

Last edited:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised that my Welcome Kit shipped with my sim. It may be a few weeks before I actually activate service, but this was a very pleasant surprise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995