Project Fi Users - Let's start mapping w/Sensorly

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellow Project Fi users. Let's start mapping with Sensorly and posting our results. This will help other Project Fi users evaluate how the technology works. Also should help potential Project Fi users that are waiting on an invite.

I emailed Sensorly to ask them to add the Fi Network to their database so we can eventually see Fi Network as we are mapping with Sensorly.

In the meantime, let's post our:
1. Our City we are using Project Fi in.
2. Our mapping result's.
3. A speed test sample that demonstrates how the Fi Network switched to the strongest network.

My next post will start the thread kicking:

Last edited:

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
City: Kansas City Metro
Pic#1: Sensorly map of my drive home today, shows a mixture of 4G, 3G, and WiFi that the Fi Network picked up. So..its doing its job as advertised:

8a7db70fa6a5dd84b88e5cd4987d4868.jpg

Pic#2: Speed, my neighborhood is terrible with .300kbps data speed with my old Sprint phone. This picture is my Nexus with Fi Network switching to T-Mobile.... Amazing difference:

0de1b9e43615233086be9011cdd678d6.jpg

rookie84

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Great thread. I'm still (impatiently) waiting for my invite and I'm curious how the transitions go and where the invites have been landing. Looks like you're getting some good speed. Have you noticed anything when you're on a call? Drops, pauses, etc? Or is it seemless?

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey #Rookie84. Transitions for me have not been noticeable. But I have just had my Fi service active one day. When I drove into my neighborhood, I was on 3G (Sprint) like normal. I played close attention to the signal bar, because my neighborhood has strong T-MOBILE signal. I saw the signal go down all the way, then spike back up with 4 bars of 4GLTE...obviously that was the transition point to T-MOBILE's network.

I have been on about 5 calls today, one as long as 15min no issues.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Here is another Fi Network feature in action. I walked in a sports bar with an open WiFi, the Fi Network connects automatically and kicks in the VPN (key in upper right corner, for those that don't know the VPN symbol) Working as advertised. Cool stuff!

e61dfdbd35b01b07b97d171659068bde.jpg

rookie84

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Seems to be like project FIght club cuz no one that has it talks about it. Please share anything else u notice specific to fi.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol