T-Mobile to Fi

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
For me, this results in me using the current Fi workaround - where I put my N6 in Airplane mode, then turn WiFi (and Bluetooth) back on in order to force Fi to connect all incoming calls over WiFi. It's not a case that I've never had my phone ring for incoming calls at home, it's just that it's been inconsistent enough that I prefer the WiFi-only approach for now - it's definitely a PITA when I leave home and then realize later that my phone's been in Airplane mode when I'm out of the house.
Thanks so much for the info!

sir joseph

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Google Play does count as data for T-Mobile. Only certain music streaming is free with T-Mobile.
Here's a current list:
Music services include:
Apple Music
Pandora
iHeartRadio
Rhapsody
Beatport
Spotify
Slacker
Radical.FM
8tracks
Samsung Milk Music
Black Planet
Songza
Rdio
Radio Paradise
AccuRadio
SoundCloud
Saavn
Digitally Imported
JAZZRADIO.com
ROCKRADIO.com
RadioTunes
radioPup
radio.com
Mad Genius Radio
Groove Music
Live365
Fresca Radio
Google Music
Fit Radio
SiriusXM
Tidal Music
MixRadio
BandCamp

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Google Play = Google Music
Google Play does count as data for T-Mobile. Only certain music streaming is free with T-Mobile.
Here's a current list:
Music services include:
Apple Music
Pandora
iHeartRadio
Rhapsody
Beatport
Spotify
Slacker
Radical.FM
8tracks
Samsung Milk Music
Black Planet
Songza
Rdio
Radio Paradise
AccuRadio
SoundCloud
Saavn
Digitally Imported
JAZZRADIO.com
ROCKRADIO.com
RadioTunes
radioPup
radio.com
Mad Genius Radio
Groove Music
Live365
Fresca Radio
Google Music
Fit Radio
SiriusXM
Tidal Music
MixRadio
BandCamp

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
And, you will absolutely be charged for that data on Fi. And, the real kicker for me is that I use most of my data away from any Wi-Fi network because I burn the music streaming data at the gym!

Posted via the Android Central App

That's when I use it a lot too. I'm actually considering using my current Galaxy S5 and downloading all of my google music onto it and using that when I work out -- the N6 seems too big to run with!

I don't listen to music in the car a ton and I can always download a playlist if its really bad. I actually listen to a lot of podcasts which I believe does use data when its broadcasted instead of downloaded.

ptScott

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I used to burn through 5-6GB a month on an unlimited T-Mobile plan with a 16GB Nexus 4. With a 64GB Nexus 6, I've currently downloaded about 15GB of Google Play Playlists... I seem to be using 3-500MB of data on Fi per month.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's when I use it a lot too. I'm actually considering using my current Galaxy S5 and downloading all of my google music onto it and using that when I work out -- the N6 seems too big to run with!

I don't listen to music in the car a ton and I can always download a playlist if its really bad. I actually listen to a lot of podcasts which I believe does use data when its broadcasted instead of downloaded.

I must admit though that i did find a work around to using my phone at the gym without burning data. I just download my music stations over Wi-Fi so that they are ready to go when i hit the gym. At the gym, i toggle my Google play music to- downloaded only- and it works like a dream. I just realized that i used to store all of my music on my phones, but since I've been using play music i have stored my music in the cloud. However, it became problematic to listen to my cloud stored music when the internet connection went awry. So, i have a 32 gig Nexus with 20 unused gigs of storage and after downloading all of my favorite radio stations, i still have about 10 gigs left. The real trick to downloading those stations is to make sure you listen to them on Wi-Fi from time to time as that will trigger Google play music to download more of the stations' music. Initially, GPM will only download about 300mb of music for any given station. But since i do listen to GPM while on Wi-Fi, each of my stations have about a 1 gig of downloaded music such that i never hear the same songs over again when i'm at the gym. It's pretty awesome actually. And, my project Fi data use has dropped by two-thirds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool