Has anyone here received their holiday present from Google yet?

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Google is sending a Holiday Present to Project Fi subscribers (needed to be activated and current customer as of Nov 19, and possibly have joined by Nov 8 depending on supplies). Just curious if anyone here has received theirs yet?

Google will be sending these out in waves, and everyone should receive them by Dec. 16.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Google is sending a Holiday Present to Project Fi subscribers (needed to be activated and current customer as of Nov 19, and possibly have joined by Nov 8 depending on supplies). Just curious if anyone here has received theirs yet?

Google will be sending these out in waves, and everyone should receive them by Dec. 16.

Reading the link, I'm a little unclear if I'm eligible. I ordered my Nexus 6p and requested an invite to Fi around the same time. I then received my phone and at about the same time Fi approved my invitation and I ordered my chip. I didn't even use my phone until I got it so that I could port my number. It says on the link that I had to have ordered my phone from Fi. I ordered mine from Google. So, do you think I'm eligible for the gift?

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Reading the link, I'm a little unclear if I'm eligible. I ordered my Nexus 6p and requested an invite to Fi around the same time. I then received my phone and at about the same time Fi approved my invitation and I ordered my chip. I didn't even use my phone until I got it so that I could port my number. It says on the link that I had to have ordered my phone from Fi. I ordered mine from Google. So, do you think I'm eligible for the gift?

I believe that you have to order the SIM card from Project Fi, which makes you eligible for the gift. If you look at the link, it states: "If you ordered a SIM, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P from Project Fi." It shouldn't matter where you bought the phone, only when your ordered/activated your SIM card. I believe what you will miss out on is the USB-C cable -- that seems to require you to have bought the phone through Project Fi.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
How would you go about tracking a package you wouldn't know was shipped? Just your address?

Posted via the Android Central App

You need to create an account with FedEx for the Delivery Manager. I believe it goes off of items being delivered to your address.

In my case, I still see no sign of Google shipping me my Holiday present yet.

AlexMadarasz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
How would you go about tracking a package you wouldn't know was shipped? Just your address?

Yes, go to the FedEx Delivery Manager and create an account (UPS and the USPS have similar features). Once you have an account, you can be notified of any FedEx packages addressed to you - you don't have to know about their tracking numbers beforehand.

And yes, my FedEx package is on the way - probably get here Monday (I knew it was from Fi cause it was shipped from Ingram Micro in Carol Stream IL like the other Fi package(s)).

--
Alex

Marc Bennett

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I got the legos. You're only supposed to get the cable if you bought a 6p or 5x from Google. On a side note, I recently ordered the newer free sim from Project fi and it's different than the one that came with my fi phone (member since late July). Other than the inclusion of the fi logo, it is also physically larger. Does anyone know if the new sim actually improves performance in any way. I haven't noticed yet, but it's only been in for about twenty minutes.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Only received the Legos. Was hoping for the cable since I requested the updated SIM for my 6P. Oh well. Happy to be a Fi user regardless.

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Still nothing for me. I started using Fi on 10/22 on a 5X I bought through Fi. I like legos.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
When I first read this thread, I thought oh well, I missed this because I requested my Project Fi invite a couple days too late. The surprise just arrived via the big brown UPS truck that pulled up about 30 minutes ago. Interesting Lego instructions... but it's always good to have an extra USB-C to USB-A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12