Time allowed to hold an invite

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I am interested in trying Google FI. If I request an invite do I have to activate on Google Fi right away or can I hold onto the invite for a couple months before activating. I have no idea how long it takes to get the invite and I have 3 months left on my contract with another carrier, but I would like to activate the google fi account for one month overlapping my final month with current carrier so I can test the service where I live and work (and play.)

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in trying Google FI. If I request an invite do I have to activate on Google Fi right away or can I hold onto the invite for a couple months before activating. I have no idea how long it takes to get the invite and I have 3 months left on my contract with another carrier, but I would like to activate the google fi account for one month overlapping my final month with current carrier so I can test the service where I live and work (and play.)
The invite doesn't expire, I had my invite for probably 8 months before getting a SIM. Once you order a SIM you have 30 days I believe to activate it.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
longer time allowed in my experience

I believe it depends on your order. If you have Fi Protect or you financed your phone, Fi requires you start service within 30 days, so the payments can be made. If you only order a SIM, there is a longer time limit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang