Just signed up yesterday and bought a Nexus 6P

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Finally bit the bullet and signed up for Project Fi yesterday for both myself and my wife. I got the 6P and got my wife the 5X. Now the waiting begins...I'm hoping to be online with Fi by the end of the week so keeping my fingers crossed.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a phone case person so I'm a bit worried about how slippery the phone is supposed to be. I've got an LG G4 now so size shouldn't be an issue. I just don't want to cover the phone with a case. I like to see the design of the phone.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a phone case person so I'm a bit worried about how slippery the phone is supposed to be. I've got an LG G4 now so size shouldn't be an issue. I just don't want to cover the phone with a case. I like to see the design of the phone.

You can go without a case, though the 6P is a bit slick. I went without a case for about a month, ended up using the case for the extra grip when holding the phone.

I agree about liking to see the phone, which is why I have the Spigen Hybrid case, which is totally clear. I've had the case since November and it has held up well and the TPU edges have not yellowed; the edges are TPU, with a hard polycarbonate back piece.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You can go without a case, though the 6P is a bit slick. I went without a case for about a month, ended up using the case for the extra grip when holding the phone.

I agree about liking to see the phone, which is why I have the Spigen Hybrid case, which is totally clear. I've had the case since November and it has held up well and the TPU edges have not yellowed; the edges are TPU, with a hard polycarbonate back piece.

I bought this one. Less than $9 and from the review it sounds like what I want. It will arrive tomorrow so I'll see it then... Amazon.com: Nexus 6P Case, Nillkin Clear Soft TPU Cover, Light Slim Fit Anti Skidding Ultra Thin Transparent for Huawei Nexus 6P - Retail Packaging (White): Cell Phones & Accessories

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

I'll be interested in hearing how it ages. While I like TPU cases, they tend to be lightweight and feel good in the hand, the one issue is they start to yellow after only a few months of use; and with a white phone the yellowing will be quite obvious.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll be interested in hearing how it ages. While I like TPU cases, they tend to be lightweight and feel good in the hand, the one issue is they start to yellow after only a few months of use; and with a white phone the yellowing will be quite obvious.
Hopefully it does well. Of course I can't promise to repost in this thread after a few months... Brain isn't that good these days... :p

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Congrats. I love both the current Nexus phones, and Project Fi works great for me. I have had it for 7 months, and I love it!

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I too am now apart of the Nexus community and so far I am in live with the 6p. I knew I was going to like it but I think I'm in love with it

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech