Getting Fi to price match the Google Store?

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has been able to get Project Fi to give a refund for a phone bought from the Google Store?

Basically, I'm wanting the Ice Nexus 5X. Project Fi has been running the $199 sale on the Nexus 5X but has not had the Ice color in stock since the sale began. I sent in a support request asking when and if Project Fi would be getting the Ice Nexus 5X back in stock, particularly since the Google Store has had the Ice in stock for quite a while now.

The response I got was that they couldn't say when or even if it would be stocked again but they would "price match" the phone for me, refunding the extra I paid to the Google Store if I bought the 5X there; just that it could take a few weeks for the refund to be processed. Just curious if anyone has heard about this, or done this? Just wanting to ensure the Customer Support agent is giving valid information.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
From what I read on the sale, those who buy the phone through the google store AND activate Fi on that phone will receive a refund for the difference.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
From what I read on the sale, those who buy the phone through the google store AND activate Fi on that phone will receive a refund for the difference.

That matches what I've been told, so I'm going to test it out. I'm looking forward to playing with the 5X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance