BB Passport on Project Fi

Drew Oswalt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It works for calls. And probably texts. No data. Good to know I can stick the Sim card into one of my BlackBerrys and calls will work. Not sure if it will work if there are no T-Mobile towers around.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1386.jpg
    1386.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 53

achiquitachaser

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
It works for calls. And probably texts. No data. Good to know I can stick the Sim card into one of my BlackBerrys and calls will work. Not sure if it will work if there are no T-Mobile towers around.

I am using a passport SE with Google fi and everything is working including data except voicemail notifications just send a broken text message. What about you?

Drew Oswalt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, all I did was pop in the Sim card, made a call and took it out. I will do more testing when I have time.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting .. why? Project Fi is a Google offering. Google specifies Nexus devices and for good reason - the all band radios incorporated in the Nexus devices.

Oh well... have fun. While you at it try Facetime on your non-Apple phone.

Drew Oswalt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to see if the service works on other devices just in case my Nexus is damaged or battery dies. You never know.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I am using a passport SE with Google fi and everything is working including data except voicemail notifications just send a broken text message. What about you?

I find this to be very interesting. What phone did you launch Fi with and how long was it until you tried this?

achiquitachaser

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Any GSM phone can use fi after its been activated on one of three eligible nexus devices. You just end up with some issues with other GSM devices, like no WiFi calling, sms/mms issues, no network switching, voice-mail issues. So yes it is definitely crippled. But besides the voice-mail issue it seems to work great in my passport :)

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Any GSM phone can use fi after its been activated on one of three eligible nexus devices. You just end up with some issues with other GSM devices, like no WiFi calling, sms/mms issues, no network switching, voice-mail issues. So yes it is definitely crippled. But besides the voice-mail issue it seems to work great in my passport :)

Good to know. I think I'll pass then, but thank you. I already have voicemail issues with one of my phones.