One big error

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought my nexus 5x from a friend. He didn't know to much about it but did say it was purchased in asia. So i took the model number and contacted google fi support, gave them the number and asked if the phone would work with fi. The said absolutely. Well in a way they were correct. But not in the full capacity that fi can do. Since it's the international edition, it'll only work on T-mobile. It won't switch to sprint, us cellular, or wifi Hotspots. Since I bought this phone to try out fi so I could eventually leave verizon, I was very disappointed that Google gave me erroneous information. I looked up my conversation and the name of the rep, gave it to Google and asked what they could do to help me out. You would have thought that with a model number, they should have told me that this phone would only work on T-mobile and I wouldn't be able to try the full flexibility of project fi. I did receive an email from a rep that apologized and they're turning it over to a supervisor. I was promised they'd get back to me. I'll update. PS-If I'd have known this phone was not going to work, I'd have bought a US version.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, i can tell you THAT google fi customer support is without doubt the best in the business. They realized their error, and offered to take my phone that I didn't even buy from them, and send me the correct USA model. THATS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. VERIZON TAKE NOTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad