Ok, im thinking of a zte axon 7.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If I put my project fi sim card in it, will it work? Someone told me that it would, but would only connect with T-mobile and would not switch to WiFi automatically.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The answer is - you CAN. You won't get the network switching that is a main selling point of Fi, you also won't get support from Fi if you have trouble with the service. Early on there were also reports of people having their account suspended if they used the main SIM in a non-Nexus device for an extended amount of time. I have not verified those reports, nor heard of any happening recently but those reports were on G+ that I have not visited in a few months.

I also replied to your post on the T-Mobile forum and see that you posted in the device forum.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The answer is - you CAN. You won't get the network switching that is a main selling point of Fi, you also won't get support from Fi if you have trouble with the service. Early on there were also reports of people having their account suspended if they used the main SIM in a non-Nexus device for an extended amount of time. I have not verified those reports, nor heard of any happening recently but those reports were on G+ that I have not visited in a few months.

I also replied to your post on the T-Mobile forum and see that you posted in the device forum.

Ok, thanks. If anyone knows whether fi would turn off service because of this, let me know.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Actually I received a confirmation from Google, my service would not be shut off.

DrJay1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks. If anyone knows whether fi would turn off service because of this, let me know.

A ProjectFi representative told me that they would not suspend service if you used a non-Nexus or non-Pixel phone, but they would not provide any technical support or help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae