Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Default Panda says screen and battery suck?

@black_man_x: people awaiting nexus.. lemme spoil it. Battery sucks.. screen is too colorful/big..doesn't print money and it wont even clear up back ache

I heard similar from someone who allegedly developed it or at least handled it.

Was Panda just stirring the pot? I wouldn't be surprised if battery life was abysmal due to LTE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: Panda says screen and battery suck?

Sounds really sarcastic. Screen is too big and colorful? Doesn't print money? Or help backaches? Only the battery criticism sounds real but coupled with the rest of the post...who knows.
    BSG75 and DH in DC like this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    @black_man_x: people awaiting nexus.. lemme spoil it. Battery sucks.. screen is too colorful/big..doesn't print money and it wont even clear up back ache

I heard similar from someone who allegedly developed it or at least handled it.

Was Panda just stirring the pot? I wouldn't be surprised if battery life was abysmal due to LTE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Let me respond with a "duh" question...
    How's the battery life in your Thunderbolt? Mine was drastically improved when I flashed a custom kernel. Since ICS will be open source, kernel source will be released and devs will be hard at work overclocking on undervolting the processor in no time.

I have a feeling hes being sarcastic. Hes been hyping the device as amazing this whole time.
    Jonneh likes this.

This might be the worst thread yet. And that is saying something.

I find it a bit ridiculous to read in to such a twitter post. It's obviously sarcastic in nature. Maybe the only thing true is the battery life statement, but the whole sentence reeks of sarcasm. I'm sure he is just messing around, "trolling" for whatever reason. Just wait. I'm sure we will know what's up with this device in less than 2 weeks. Latest rumor is that new invites are going out by Friday for the unveiling of ICS and this new Nexus. We've waited this long...we can wait just a bit more.

I was expecting the battery issues, tbh....

The screen is noticeably bigger than every other 4g on the market, and doesn't have the benefit of the battery saving rgbw pentile like the Bionic which STILL had people crying about the battery.

Luckily one of my biggest complaints with currrent phones is that they are making them too light/thin and generally flimsy "feeling".... So I fully plan on slapping the biggest, fattest, highest capacity battery I can in that thing..... I may just end up with an 80s phone when I'm done, but I will find a way to get 10hrs off the charger with at least 2-3 of that watching movies (train commute).

EDIT: as far as "too colorful" I was hoping Samsung would have included the ability to manually tone it down, like on the GSII.... Hopefully that feature can reach the Prime as well.

ROM
    Stock

I think he is just commenting on people's wildly high expectations of the phone.. I'm super excited for the Nexus Prime, but I'm reserving my commitment to buy until more "official" information is released.
    Jonneh and scotty_pimmpen like this.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sushiglobster View Post
    I find it a bit ridiculous to read in to such a twitter post. It's obviously sarcastic in nature. Maybe the only thing true is the battery life statement, but the whole sentence reeks of sarcasm. I'm sure he is just messing around, "trolling" for whatever reason. Just wait. I'm sure we will know what's up with this device in less than 2 weeks. Latest rumor is that new invites are going out by Friday for the unveiling of ICS and this new Nexus. We've waited this long...we can wait just a bit more.
    :O where did you read that they might send out Invites Friday? J/W

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 and 4.2

I agree that he's probably just being sarcastic considering how much he's been praising the phone.
    "My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last forever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Calm Down folks. Just wait till the phone is released. Panda was joking imo.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

sarcasim

Crack would help more at this point

but im no crack head so the nexus prime will jus have to do
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

He's just poking fun guys.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

@chri_diaz

DAT TRIPLE POST.

OT: I need a new phone, I'm planning on buying this regardless. My Droid has been nice to me over these past two years but it's falling apart and becoming laggy.

Triple post fixed. In the future, go ahead and give that Edit button a workout

Ok, I may be the only person not to know this but who is Panda and why would he have information about the phone?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Ok, I may be the only person not to know this but who is Panda and why would he have information about the phone?
    Panda seems to be shockingly accurate about devices not yet released. I believe its vzw devices only, but I'm not sure about it. When I was looking on info for the thunderbolt, their name kept coming up frequently with info on it. I had never heard of them while I was on Sprint.

I'm new to the forums. Who is this panda person?
    I just read some of his tweets but does he work for engadget or some website like panda.com?

Yeah I think the guy that started this thread so fell for it lol. I'm sure he would get a laugh out of this thread. FYI the NP also doesn't give .....
    scotty_pimmpen likes this.
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Panda seems to be shockingly accurate about devices not yet released. I believe its vzw devices only, but I'm not sure about it. When I was looking on info for the thunderbolt, their name kept coming up frequently with info on it. I had never heard of them while I was on Sprint.
    He used to work for Verizon and now works for Google. Very reliable but likes to be ambiguous or playful at times. He's not anonymous to his employer so expect a certain amount of promotion & censorship from time to time. I miss his blog.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Thanked by:
    Alucardsyco likes this.
    It's been real...

How can anyone think anything other than he's joking. Jeez... this is just silly.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panda says screen and battery suck?-uploadfromtaptalk1318414123982.jpg  

I would say he's joking.

I've been running an SGSII Epic 4G Touch since launch, the battery life on this thing has been simply incredible. Despite the Nexus Prime's slightly increased specs, it's also rumored to have a larger battery as well. Plus, Samsung phones are known to have the best battery life among Android phones.

Can't wait to get more info on this device.

It was obviously meant to be a joke. If the "doesn't print money" line doesn't give it away...well then, I just don't know what to say.

Also his latest tweet...

@black_man_x The Panda King
    Sorry that Android people can't take a joke... Seems that my nexus joke is affecting people.. Relax. It does print money...
    pwninobrlan likes this.

Well, Panda now admitted he was joking, so perhaps this thread can be closed and we can move on ..

"
    @black_man_x
    The Panda King
    Sorry that Android people can't take a joke... Seems that my nexus joke is affecting people.. Relax. It does print money..."

https://twitter.com/#!/black_man_x/s...96612552278017

It prints money?!?!?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast