Panda says screen and battery suck?

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
@black_man_x: people awaiting nexus.. lemme spoil it. Battery sucks.. screen is too colorful/big..doesn't print money and it wont even clear up back ache

I heard similar from someone who allegedly developed it or at least handled it.

Was Panda just stirring the pot? I wouldn't be surprised if battery life was abysmal due to LTE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds really sarcastic. Screen is too big and colorful? Doesn't print money? Or help backaches? Only the battery criticism sounds real but coupled with the rest of the post...who knows.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
@black_man_x: people awaiting nexus.. lemme spoil it. Battery sucks.. screen is too colorful/big..doesn't print money and it wont even clear up back ache

I heard similar from someone who allegedly developed it or at least handled it.

Was Panda just stirring the pot? I wouldn't be surprised if battery life was abysmal due to LTE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Let me respond with a "duh" question...
How's the battery life in your Thunderbolt? Mine was drastically improved when I flashed a custom kernel. Since ICS will be open source, kernel source will be released and devs will be hard at work overclocking on undervolting the processor in no time.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I find it a bit ridiculous to read in to such a twitter post. It's obviously sarcastic in nature. Maybe the only thing true is the battery life statement, but the whole sentence reeks of sarcasm. I'm sure he is just messing around, "trolling" for whatever reason. Just wait. I'm sure we will know what's up with this device in less than 2 weeks. Latest rumor is that new invites are going out by Friday for the unveiling of ICS and this new Nexus. We've waited this long...we can wait just a bit more.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting the battery issues, tbh....

The screen is noticeably bigger than every other 4g on the market, and doesn't have the benefit of the battery saving rgbw pentile like the Bionic which STILL had people crying about the battery.

Luckily one of my biggest complaints with currrent phones is that they are making them too light/thin and generally flimsy "feeling".... So I fully plan on slapping the biggest, fattest, highest capacity battery I can in that thing..... I may just end up with an 80s phone when I'm done, but I will find a way to get 10hrs off the charger with at least 2-3 of that watching movies (train commute).

EDIT: as far as "too colorful" I was hoping Samsung would have included the ability to manually tone it down, like on the GSII.... Hopefully that feature can reach the Prime as well.

Last edited:

BitGambit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I think he is just commenting on people's wildly high expectations of the phone.. I'm super excited for the Nexus Prime, but I'm reserving my commitment to buy until more "official" information is released.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I find it a bit ridiculous to read in to such a twitter post. It's obviously sarcastic in nature. Maybe the only thing true is the battery life statement, but the whole sentence reeks of sarcasm. I'm sure he is just messing around, "trolling" for whatever reason. Just wait. I'm sure we will know what's up with this device in less than 2 weeks. Latest rumor is that new invites are going out by Friday for the unveiling of ICS and this new Nexus. We've waited this long...we can wait just a bit more.

:O where did you read that they might send out Invites Friday? J/W :D

chri_diaz

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
sarcasim

Crack would help more at this point

but im no crack head so the nexus prime will jus have to do

Last edited by a moderator:

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
@chri_diaz

DAT TRIPLE POST.

OT: I need a new phone, I'm planning on buying this regardless. My Droid has been nice to me over these past two years but it's falling apart and becoming laggy.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I may be the only person not to know this but who is Panda and why would he have information about the phone?

Panda seems to be shockingly accurate about devices not yet released. I believe its vzw devices only, but I'm not sure about it. When I was looking on info for the thunderbolt, their name kept coming up frequently with info on it. I had never heard of them while I was on Sprint.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the forums. Who is this panda person?
I just read some of his tweets but does he work for engadget or some website like panda.com?

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think the guy that started this thread so fell for it lol. I'm sure he would get a laugh out of this thread. FYI the NP also doesn't give .....

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Panda seems to be shockingly accurate about devices not yet released. I believe its vzw devices only, but I'm not sure about it. When I was looking on info for the thunderbolt, their name kept coming up frequently with info on it. I had never heard of them while I was on Sprint.
He used to work for Verizon and now works for Google. Very reliable but likes to be ambiguous or playful at times. He's not anonymous to his employer so expect a certain amount of promotion & censorship from time to time. I miss his blog.

Thanks, Robrecht

Reactions: Alucardsyco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool