What, if anything, will make you pass on the Galaxy Nexus?

Deal breakers:

• Total voters

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For me at least...

Poor battery life can be corrected by throwing the biggest brick of a battery you can find into it (assuming you aren't one of the "MUST BE THE THINNEST AND LIGHTEST PHONE EVER!!!" people...)

What can't be corrected is the rumor that this phone won't have an SD card/slot... I spend my entire commute watching movies on the train....... Frankly, there is no upper limit on how much memory/storage space I want on my phone.... If this doesn't have a SD-Card slot, I will likely have to pass on this phone, and delay the sledgehammer-ing of my BB storm.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
For me the only thing that would make me pass up it up is if it is a droid rather than a nexus. 16GB of memory with no sd card would suck, but I have no problem with the rumored 32GB with no sd card. As far as battery life I probably won't have LTE for at least another year and I'm sure that once LTE is off the batter life won't be any worse than my current phone

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For voting purposes I selected no SD slot as a deal breaker, but any type of skin like touch whiz would make me think twice. As would a lack of wifi hotspot feature.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Poor battery life can be corrected by throwing the biggest brick of a battery you can find into it (assuming you aren't one of the "MUST BE THE THINNEST AND LIGHTEST PHONE EVER!!!" people...)

Assuming it has a removable battery...

DavinFelth

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
A bad screen (why I passed on the Bionic) or no LTE would be a deal breaker for me. I think either of these cases are very unlikely though.

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
My concerns for getting the Prime are battery, release date for an AT&T device and pricing.

I often forget to plug my phone in at night and I lost my car charger, so when I get to work my battery is low. I go in to conserve mode, and not use my phone the way I want to. The release date is of concern because, I do not want to wait months to get this phone. I can not justify buying this phone at non-subsidized price. I am hoping AT&T will offer subsidized price, on release day, before end of year.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If its not on Sprint. I'm still in contract for another 8 months. If it has the specs listed in the GSM Arena post, I don't think there is any doubt it'll be a beast, esp with a 2050mAh battery.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The biggest reason I would pass on the Prime is if it somehow ends up not being stock ICS on Verizon.

Though, sadly, considering how much I want and need to upgrade, it's possible I'd still get it. But I wouldn't be very happy about it being skinned.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Only reason for me to pass on this phone is if it's not a true Google Experience phone. I don't want another phone with Blur, Touchwiz, Sense, or any UI modifications that I didn't choose myself. I really wish all the manufacturers would switch to stock Android and sell their customizations in the hardware(although I'm sure Google says the same thing).

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Top reason: Poor battery life. A phone needs to be able to last a full day with low to moderate use.

2nd reason: A TouchWiz interface. This is actually fairly likely to happen. Samsung is bad about sneaking this POS skin into all of their devices.

3rd reason: No LED notification light. Given Samsung's recent track record, I'm hoping for an LED notification light, but not expecting one.

4th reason: The device not coming out for another couple months. If the device is stalled beyond early next month, there will likely be other better options available.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Assuming it has a removable battery...

As it wasn't one of the options I honestly hadn't considered this, thanks for bringing it up....

The phones curved shape might force the design to have a non removable battery, or could make changing batteries very disruptive to the shape of the phone....

Again, my usage involves 2-3hours daily of video/browsing, and at least 10 hours off the charger...... The phone simply has to be capable of that with an extended battery (if extended batteries are possible) or somehow manage that stock (if they aren't).... Beyond that, it must also have a SD card slot capable for a 32gb card , and at least 16gb of storage stock.... On of my big pet peeves with the Bionic is the blatant lie about how much storage you get, since the system takes up over half.

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As it wasn't one of the options I honestly hadn't considered this, thanks for bringing it up....

The phones curved shape might force the design to have a non removable battery, or could make changing batteries very disruptive to the shape of the phone....

Again, my usage involves 2-3hours daily of video/browsing, and at least 10 hours off the charger...... The phone simply has to be capable of that with an extended battery (if extended batteries are possible) or somehow manage that stock (if they aren't).... Beyond that, it must also have a SD card slot capable for a 32gb card , and at least 16gb of storage stock.... On of my big pet peeves with the Bionic is the blatant lie about how much storage you get, since the system takes up over half.

What do you do for a living that allows you to do 3 hours of "daily" video/browsing? :)

For me the dealbreaker would be a non LTE version for verizon. And I would live without LED notifications but I know it'd bother me all the time.

Reactions: Live2ride883

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If the battery sucks and isn't removable then that could end it for me. I seriously would not be happy in that situation.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
With bmx's recent battery clarification, I think the battery will do fine in comparison to other Verizon LTE phones (he basically uses about 4GB of data a day, so he kills the battery). He even said it's a bit better than the Bionic, which is good enough for me.

The only thing now that would make me pass up on the Nexus is if for some reason they decide to throw Touchwiz on there but I really don't see that happening to a Nexus phone. There's no guarantee of anything.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anything will make me pass at this point. Perhaps a "Nothing" option needs to be added to the poll.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you do for a living that allows you to do 3 hours of "daily" video/browsing? :)

For me the dealbreaker would be a non LTE version for verizon. And I would live without LED notifications but I know it'd bother me all the time.

Train commute from Suburbs to city is 50minutes each way, plus 15-30min waiting for said trains each way, and occasionally if I'm feeling anti social, the phone entertains me during lunch. During which I have zero ability to access a charger.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't hit AT&T and have LTE, I'll be passing. And at this point, I don't think it will.

Probably looking to get the HTC Holiday or LG P930 if it has comparable specs & screen size of 4.5" or larger. Both will supposedly be AT&T phones with LTE (which my area has).