Galaxy Nexus: Confirmation of SD card slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaistDownUnder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
First post, but I've been lurking for a while.

PCWorld has the Galaxy Nexus listed with "Expandable Storage" via MicroSD. Not sure if they are mixed up with the whole Sim vs. SD card location but I just thought I would throw it out there.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It took some detective work, but I just got a reply back from Romain Guy (google) and the Galaxy Nexus does not have an SD card slot.

bc1240e0.jpg

Reactions: milkshed27

NJ Valid#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it actually DOES have a microSD slot.

From the Wired article, "Google Unwraps Ice Cream Sandwich, the Next-Generation Android OS"
"In addition to the fresh version of Android installed on the phone, the Galaxy Nexus spec sheet checks off all the important boxes. The new phone is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor backed by 1GB of RAM, and coupled with 16GB of on-board storage (expandable via microSD to 32GB)."

Source Link: Google Unwraps Ice Cream Sandwich, the Next-Generation Android OS | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Last edited:

WaistDownUnder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it actually DOES have microSD slot.

From the Wired article, "Google Unwraps Ice Cream Sandwich, the Next-Generation Android OS"

Source Link: Google Unwraps Ice Cream Sandwich, the Next-Generation Android OS | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

HAHA, Back and Forth!

"In addition to the fresh version of Android installed on the phone, the Galaxy Nexus spec sheet checks off all the important boxes. The new phone is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor backed by 1GB of RAM, and coupled with 16GB of on-board storage (expandable via microSD to 32GB)."

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
GSM Arena has a hand-on/first look and it says micro SD slot.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on: First look - GSMArena.com

If you look at the spec sheet, it says "Memory: 16/32GB storage, microSD slot", but if you read a little further, it says (on page 2) "Above the battery, there's a SIM card slot. Sadly, a microSD slot is missing. There's no way of expanding the in-built storage memory on the Galaxy Nexus.".

I'm guessing that it was a typo in the spec sheet.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
how about we entertain the notion:

16GB model=micro/sd slot (up to 32)
32GB model=no slot

hence the conflicting reports :)

in seriousness though---i really want this phone but can not get over the potential Lack of micro-sd slots (keeping in true Nexus tradition). it's just not something i can justify (flashing ROMs & needing to remove the card in case something goes wrong & needing to place it into a computer to erase a PG05 file for guys who did it wrong). shoot, i keep Simpsons seasons on my phone & don't want to have to choose btwn Simpsons & multiple ROM backups.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
GSM Arena has a hand-on/first look and it says micro SD slot.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on: First look - GSMArena.com

It does say microSD slot on the first page under "Samsung Galaxy Nexus at a glance" but if you read on, page 2 at the bottom reads "Above the battery, there's a SIM card slot. Sadly, a microSD slot is missing. There's no way of expanding the in-built storage memory on the Galaxy Nexus." :'(

Edit: sorry didn't hit refresh, this info was already posted above

NJ Valid#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am going to stick with the more credible source: Direct from Romain Guy at Google.

No offense bud, but I can create a screenshot like that showing an email from the CEO of Google saying that it has a holographic screen. So how much credibility is there really? If it was on his G+ or twitter then ok I can see your point. There's is no proof that any of it was sent or received...

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
how about we entertain the notion:

16GB model=micro/sd slot (up to 32)
32GB model=no slot

hence the conflicting reports :)

in seriousness though---i really want this phone but can not get over the potential Lack of micro-sd slots (keeping in true Nexus tradition). it's just not something i can justify (flashing ROMs & needing to remove the card in case something goes wrong & needing to place it into a computer to erase a PG05 file for guys who did it wrong). shoot, i keep Simpsons seasons on my phone & don't want to have to choose btwn Simpsons & multiple ROM backups.

I've actually thought about this also, but what would be the point from Google/Samsung/Verizon standpoint? Assuming that there will be two different prices for each phone, what reason would someone have to purchase the 32gb version, when they could end up with more storage space purchasing the cheaper 16gb version? Don't get me wrong I would love this to be the case but I just don't think it is likely. I hope I'm wrong.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No offense bud, but I can create a screenshot like that showing an email from the CEO of Google saying that it has a holographic screen. So how much credibility is there really? If it was on his G+ or twitter then ok I can see your point. There's is no proof that any of it was sent or received...

No offense taken! I would not take the time or trouble to fake something like that.

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was really looking forward to this phone to replace my Fascinate. But no SD card means no new phone. I use my SD card to keep a lot of stuff, and having to be able to plug the phone in, rather than pull the card and use a standard card reader, Well, sucks.
So the Fascinate will soldier on until a better phone comes along.

If the Nexus does come with a slot, I'll be waiting at the door on launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463