Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: After Announcement thoughts on Galaxy Nexus and ICS here!

Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    Lol go back to your iphone4 err android 1.0
    Nice insult. Just because you seem to have a personal stake in this phone doesn't mean your only comeback should be an insult in a thread about what everyone thought about the phone. I was going to take my SG2 back since I just got it but now I'll just stick with it. The only thing this phone has going for it is the screen (maybe since its pentile) and ICS. ICS looks good thought but I'll keep my SG2 and wait for the SG3.

At least the iphone 4s guys got close to the latest and greatest tech. It may be missing a few things but the stuff that is there is not 2 years old.

I'm somewhat concerned about their lack of mentioning battery life...seems like it's just going to be "average" for LTE phones at best, but other than that I'm sold. ICS looks great, and the phone looks great as well.
    Banned

Default Re: Google Nexus Live Announcement Thread

I'm so glad they stole Matias Duarte from Palm, because the software looks amazing, and it's only gonna get better with him, though I have to admit I'm bummed about the plasticy design after seeing the Razr, which blew my mind, and especially after they hinted at the LTE version of the Nexus being thicker.

However that camera looks like it's going to be 1337, if the shutter speed wasn't just a software perk, that is.

Hmmm do I use my upgrade to get rid of this non-rooted X? Hmm decisions decisions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seyhee0919 View Post
    I'm somewhat concerned about their lack of mentioning battery life...seems like it's just going to be "average" for LTE phones at best, but other than that I'm sold. ICS looks great, and the phone looks great as well.
    Yeah or mentioning how thick the lte version is... If its thin extendo battery here we come

Sent from my ADR6400L

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
    All I can say is,

THANK GOODNESS I RETURNED MY BIONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoooooo.

Katherine
    LOL!!! I'm in the same boat, returned my Bionic today!!

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

This is no doubt my next phone. No SD and no HDMI out kinds sucks but the phone is amazing. Will be getting it in release day. time to retire my Thunderbolt to the shelf with My Nexus 1 and S.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

This phone is amazing getting it on the first day it comes out no doubt!!

Coming from an OG droid clocked at 256 to 500 MHz I am fine with 1.2. What is real difference in performance between 1.2 and 1.5 - it all depends on how the operating system is using it.

5mp or 8. I dunno I have a 5mp camera on my og droid and I also have a 5mp camera on my Canon Powershot standalone camera. The standalone takes better pix than the phone. both are 5mp but the better quality pics from the standalone are difficult to send via email due to their size so......again all depends on how the software implementates the hardware and if there is truly no lag all the better.

So far I am pleased.

I'm sold. Just waiting on the release date.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Yea, a little ridiculous the LTE version seems to be thicker. Not cool Samsung. Motorola just released a 7.1mm LTE phone, I think you could have kept the device at 8.8mm.
    So many phones, so little time.
    Thanked by:
    boarderline likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Only complaint is the top and bottom bezel of the phone looks huge. Not sure what the point of software buttons if they can't shrink that space.
    Those buttons go away depending on what you're doing at the time.

This phone is a let down for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ace0187420 View Post
    not enough info sd card slot?removable battery? A let down to me but just my opinion.
    I agree. Almost seems like the sgs2 is better.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

I heart this phone.

Face recognition. Srsly? Wow. I cant believe apple didnt see this one coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Man how are they not going to give us the release date...

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

This will be the gold standard. Funny thing is I was at a pizza place today and a group of people hade the iphone 4s (their 1st iphone they told me). I asked if I could see it and showed them my 1 year old EVO. I would say after a minute of playing with it and learning everything about Android they were like wtf, can we still return this thing to Apple? lol...imagine if they saw Ice Cream Sandwhich and the Nexus. Looks like Androids 58% share to Iphone's 28% share will be drastically increasing over the next year.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

So wait, it's super AMOLED, not super AMOLED plus?

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by jerrod6 View Post
    Coming from an OG droid clocked at 256 to 500 MHz I am fine with 1.2. What is real difference in performance between 1.2 and 1.5 - it all depends on how the operating system is using it.

5mp or 8. I dunno I have a 5mp camera on my og droid and I also have a 5mp camera on my Canon Powershot standalone camera. The standalone takes better pix than the phone. both are 5mp but the better quality pics from the standalone are difficult to send via email due to their size so......again all depends on how the software implementates the hardware and if there is truly no lag all the better.

So far I am pleased.
    I agree about the camera. My Iphone 4 cam is only 5 MP and, it's a lot better than the Bionic's which is 8 MP.
    scotty_pimmpen and kath00 like this.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

I'm guessing since ics unifies tablet and phone os, that video gtalk will finally work on a phone!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

According to Engadget hands-on gallery, looks like removable battery. Dont' know if this is LTE or HSPA+ model tho Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on! - Engadget Galleries

ROM
    Stock

Any idea what those three little dots were officially? I don't think I missed that. Assumed it was inductive magnetic charging like macbook

I hope it at least has a removable battery. The no SD card is a big let down for me. I'm also a little concerned about the size. Overall I'm impressed but I'm not sure if it can move me away from sense. I'll have to see the Rezound before I make my decision I think. And the speculated release date is November 10th.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #199  
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    Any idea what those three little dots were officially? I don't think I missed that. Assumed it was inductive magnetic charging like macbook
    for a dock. I never saw an actual charging port though so i wonder if those actually charge.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

upper right of battery looks like might be sd card slot
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast