Matias Duarte- Bringing some webOS magic to Android

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So tonight's announcement showed me exactly what I expected:

Matias Duarte was working his genius, and I always love his stuff.

Android now has swiping notifications, a system of cards for multi-tasking (and you also throw these cards away to get rid of the application), and I always thought webOS was always very people friendly, giving the option of sharing to multiple sources in one screen, and by showing multiple sources in email, contacts, and so on. Matias has brought this to Android, and has even improved upon it.

What do you guys think? SOme webOS goodness going on here?

I, for one, am very glad I returned my Bionic to wait for this phone.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving every bit of this. I am completely impressed and so looking forward to picking one of these up. There's no doubt in my mind this is my next phone.

cciemd

May 2, 2011
Visit site
ICS is definitely taking queues from WebOS. WebOS really got the feel of a mobile OS right (cards, swiping, contact integration, etc); it just got totally undermined by terrible execution by Palm and HP. It is quite refreshing to see some of the WebOS features making it over to Android.

Reactions: estebancam

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So tonight's announcement showed me exactly what I expected:

Matias Duarte was working his genius, and I always love his stuff.

Android now has swiping notifications, a system of cards for multi-tasking (and you also throw these cards away to get rid of the application), and I always thought webOS was always very people friendly, giving the option of sharing to multiple sources in one screen, and by showing multiple sources in email, contacts, and so on. Matias has brought this to Android, and has even improved upon it.

What do you guys think? SOme webOS goodness going on here?

I, for one, am very glad I returned my Bionic to wait for this phone.

I figured some of the UI elements in Android were going to be inspired by WebOS and that's a great thing to have!

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The best part is he took the very best of what he designed for webOS and brought it over to the most powerful mobile system on Earth.

I am loving every bit of it just like you all are! I started yelling at my girlfriend saying:

"MATIASSSSSS!!!! MATIAAAAAAAAASSSSS!!!! WEBOS!!!!! ANDROIDDDDDDD!!!!"

etc.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was really impressed. I'm glad i returned my Bionic also. This is the phone I've been waiting for.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Great Read with Josh and Mttias Duarte on ThisismyNext

Great read here. Josh LOVES ICS and the camera on the Nexus very much it seems.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
More like they cloned a hand full of features from cm roms which have had for a while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Matias Interview: Bringing Soul and Simplicity to Android

Coming from webOS and now trying out Android on my TouchPad I can say one of the biggest differences is the lacking of simplicity in 2.3.

This interview explains the thinking that went into ICS and how the relatively new Google employee has changed the course of Android in much needed new direction by asking some important questions:

Exclusive: Matias Duarte on the philosophy of Android, and an in-depth look at Ice Cream Sandwich | This is my next...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz