GNexus Charging/Extra Memory Case?

eedlebop

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
In light of the Galaxy Nexus having no memory card expansion, is there such a thing as a case that incorporates USB storage and replicates the USB charging/data port? Like a plugged-in thumb drive built-in to the case.

I'm completely new to Android, but planning to get a Galaxy Nexus when it arrives on Verizon. I will be pleased to leave my old HTC Touch Pro 2 (with WinMo6.5! Ouch!) far behind while keeping the unlimited data plan.

I'm leery of leaning into cloud storage for the Galaxy Nexus as the charge lifetime of the handset is as of yet unknown.

Mods, this is my first time on here, if this needs to get moved to the case forum(s), fire away. <3

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
In light of the Galaxy Nexus having no memory card expansion, is there such a thing as a case that incorporates USB storage and replicates the USB charging/data port? Like a plugged-in thumb drive built-in to the case.

I'm completely new to Android, but planning to get a Galaxy Nexus when it arrives on Verizon. I will be pleased to leave my old HTC Touch Pro 2 (with WinMo6.5! Ouch!) far behind while keeping the unlimited data plan.

I'm leery of leaning into cloud storage for the Galaxy Nexus as the charge lifetime of the handset is as of yet unknown.

Mods, this is my first time on here, if this needs to get moved to the case forum(s), fire away. <3

See my post here helps, not a case but a possible option for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...confirmation-sd-card-slot-10.html#post1354388

Reactions: eedlebop

eedlebop

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
A USB OTG cable seems like a workable holdover solution. Not as elegant as one integrated into a case, but, one does what one must. Thanks for the tip!