Some Unlocked Prices

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! When's it come in? Lucky dog you ;)

Sent from an app that you can probably guess.

It's listed as November 3rd - November 9th as the estimated delivery. I have to buy the unlocked phones because ATT's new policy is that if you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, you cannot upgrade with a subsidized phone. They really want to get rid of those unlimited data plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Scottatron

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Ebay listing and my scam radar was triggered.

Why is he able to source it before everyone else? In the 32gig size that NOONE has confirmed.

I hope noone gets burnt.

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a pre-order...I felt comfortable with the eBay Buyer Protection as well as useing Paypal for this purchase...and 100% feedback in selling similar product.

Scottatron

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Do a search for all items and then go to advanced search and show competed auctions. You can see that he has his current auction (11 Sold) plus these 20 Sold http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-Prime-Unlocked-32GB-GSM-HSPA-And roid-4-0-ICS-/320783310497?p t=Cell_Phones&hash=item4ab02cdea1 10 Sold http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-Prime-Unlocked-32GB-GSM-HSPA-And roid-4-0-ICS-/320780689990?p t=Cell_Phones&hash=item4ab004e246 Then various others sold via buy it now auctions and bidding auctions. I would stay well away and if I bought and paid already I would be getting my money back ASAP. But that's just me EDIT: Just counted around 20 individual sales so he is around 60 sold so far"

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I never trust these 3rd party retailer prices. Most of them just set a random number early on that will guarantee them a profit and adjust later when things become more clear.

This. I think the XOOM cost over $1K at times before release.

It's listed as November 3rd - November 9th as the estimated delivery. I have to buy the unlocked phones because ATT's new policy is that if you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, you cannot upgrade with a subsidized phone. They really want to get rid of those unlimited data plans.

Really? Since when? I know people who have done so quite recently...

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a few weeks ago. They wouldn't let me upgrade to the SGSII with a subsidized price. I tried it online and I was always redirected to a page that made me change my plan. I called and the guy told me that they were changing their policy. He mentioned that all carriers are phasing out the unlimited plans and that my only option was to buy the phone with no subsidy. Maybe those other people got lucky or the in store purchase worked better for them.

Last edited:

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I preorderd using my American Express. I'm not worried. They cover you for this stuff. Plus, ebay protection and paypal. The worst that could happen is a hassle with paperwork.

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
After looking @ the seller's feedback and seeing that he's sold some high priced items and cellphone related items as well, I decided to put in an order as well. I figured with the Ebay buyer protection and Paypal, at worst its just going to be dealing with the paperwork.

The only thing that does bug me is after looking at the item information more he lists the phone model as I9020T which is the Nexus S.....:confused:

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't really think it will be released in the US on AT&T anytime soon. That's why I went for the international version.

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: "The only thing that does bug me is after looking at the item information more he lists the phone model as I9020T which is the Nexus S....."

I emailed the Ebay seller yeserday regarding the wrong model number in the listing. His response: " Sorry, I chose the wrong item from the eBay catalog, this is the brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus that was just announced and not the Nexus S that was released last year. - cakalyasin

Last edited:

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just dropping by to say that you don't have to worry. AMEX + Buyer protection is all good. I was scammed but got everything back. Except, of-course, the time I've spent that I will never get back.

But I won't do it again though. Ordered mine via Handtec UK this time.

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: "The only thing that does bug me is after looking at the item information more he lists the phone model as I9020T which is the Nexus S....."

I emailed the Ebay seller yeserday regarding the wrong model number in the listing. His response: " Sorry, I chose the wrong item from the eBay catalog, this is the brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus that was just announced and not the Nexus S that was released last year. - cakalyasin

Thats what i was thinking, but he hadn't replied to my question regarding it. Its funny because in his first listing of the auction, he did not list it that way, only in the second auction listing. Anyways, good to know he got back to you regarding that.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I sent him an email asking him if it would work on AT&T (just to be sure), and he said yes and that it was the Galaxy Nexus. The guy has sold around 300 items with 100% satisfaction. I'm just waiting now for the definitive release date.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Do a search for all items and then go to advanced search and show competed auctions. You can see that he has his current auction (11 Sold) plus these 20 Sold http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-Prime-Unlocked-32GB-GSM-HSPA-And roid-4-0-ICS-/320783310497?p t=Cell_Phones&hash=item4ab02cdea1 10 Sold http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-Prime-Unlocked-32GB-GSM-HSPA-And roid-4-0-ICS-/320780689990?p t=Cell_Phones&hash=item4ab004e246 Then various others sold via buy it now auctions and bidding auctions. I would stay well away and if I bought and paid already I would be getting my money back ASAP. But that's just me EDIT: Just counted around 20 individual sales so he is around 60 sold so far"

Ok now the scary part, all of these have been pulled off of ebay.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Errr... no? The listing's ended, not "pulled"

For me it says "The item has been removed, or this item is not available". So I took that as being pulled. Anytime I have ever clicked on a item being sold within days it would always so the item and say the bidding was over. So I was just going by with what I have seen in the past. If I'm wrong then sorry.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to wait for it to launch in Europe and snag it up then. Trying this whole patience out for once. I have a bad habit of rushing things, especially for sleek new sexy phones.

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
For me it says "The item has been removed, or this item is not available". So I took that as being pulled. Anytime I have ever clicked on a item being sold within days it would always so the item and say the bidding was over. So I was just going by with what I have seen in the past. If I'm wrong then sorry.

Did you actually copy and paste the whole link, or just click on what was highlighted in the post, because if you copy and paste the whole link, it shows you the auctions have ended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret