Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who's paying full price?

I plan on buying the HSPA+ model for full price as soon as it's released (if it's not released on ATT right away). Who's with me?

I almost bought the Galaxy S2 earlier this year when it first came out but I thought, naw it'll be right around the corner on ATT. haha

I'm with you. I don't even care if there is even an AT&T version. I heard the international version will have the AT&T bands.

Default Re: Who's paying full price?

I want to get one as soon as I can. Where do you all normally get your unlocked versions from? I heard Amazon usually gets them pretty quick. Any info would be a great help.

I'm gonna get it as well. I picked up the white GS2 International a few weeks ago and can't wait for the Galaxy Nexus.but definitely need the ATT band version.
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

I'm with you guys. If the international version will work for AT&T, I am jumping on it. The wife isn't going to be happy to see a pretty hefty chunk of money missing, so hopefully it will be cheap or I can work something out with the Death Star. :P
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

I actually hope AT&T doesn't get this phone right away so I will not be tempted to buy it through them. I just can not see them offering it without any changes to "vanilla" android. I am not tether crazy, but I do like to be able to turn on wifi for a few minutes now and again. I wish Google was offering it on their website like they did with the N1. That worked out great for me, I do not have an upgrade for a few months so I would rather the Death Star not know what phone I am using. I already have the HSPA+ sim card from the Inspire 4G I bought when it came out. I am thinking an unlocked international version with that pentaband radio will be the best. I will save the upgrade for a decent LTE phone when they get LTE any where near SoCal.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Looks like it is coming to UK on November 16th. I wonder if this device for Orange covers the ATT bands?

I'm not keen on this stuff...
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Quote Originally Posted by Zendroid1 View Post
    Looks like it is coming to UK on November 16th. I wonder if this device for Orange covers the ATT bands?

I'm not keen on this stuff...
    That would be a pleasant surprise!
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

i already preordered with negri. this code will get you 35 dollars off:

sb35offjkh

eric b

Quote Originally Posted by uncle dubya View Post
    i already preordered with negri. this code will get you 35 dollars off:

sb35offjkh

eric b
    How do the prices at negri typically compare to Amazon?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

You can pre-order on Amazon UK for the equivalent of $1100 +shipping and other international fees.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrahosiris View Post
    How do the prices at negri typically compare to Amazon?
    Negri is to expensive! They have the Galaxy Nexus for pre-order of $715, which when it is released will be much lower than that and estimated arrival is 11/17. If you look at a iPhone 4S 16GB on AT&T they are charging $825 and retail is $599. I've never ordered from them as they are way to expensive and you can find great deals for phones on eBay.

As tempting as the Galaxy Nexus is, I think at the end of the day, the only phone I'd pay full price for is the iphone 4S. That phone, like it or not, retains the most value in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by PFKMan23 View Post
    As tempting as the Galaxy Nexus is, I think at the end of the day, the only phone I'd pay full price for is the iphone 4S. That phone, like it or not, retains the most value in the long term.
    You need to define "value". For some of us iPhone 4S has no value whatsoever
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 V7.1.0-RC1

i will if i can get it from raido shack. that is the only place i buy phones.

How can you make that statement about a phone that hasn't even been released?

The value I was referring to is resale value. Maybe I've just been hanging around too many hardcore Apple people, but among those individuals isn't not uncommon to see yearly (or nearly so) updates on their phones. Consequently, when they sell their phones, being able to seen their phones at the highest price is fairly important as you're more often than not buying off contract.

And yes, I realize it's a phone that hasn't been released, but I like many people, base a projection off of history and expectations, and from what I currently see, that is what I believe.
    Banned

ROM
    2.2(?)(stock?)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
    You need to define "value". For some of us iPhone 4S has no value whatsoever
    That's funny. And true.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

The value I was referring to is resale value. Maybe I've just been hanging around too many hardcore Apple people, but among those individuals isn't not uncommon to see yearly (or nearly so) updates on their phones. Consequently, when they sell their phones, being able to seen their phones at the highest price is fairly important as you're more often than not buying off contract.

And yes, I realize it's a phone that hasn't been released, but I like many people, base a projection off of history and expectations, and from what I currently see, that is what I believe.
    But, this is the first phone with ICS. It will be the only phone with ICS for at least 6 months. I base that on the upgrade path that has been announced for the SGSII. I consider that the most logical variant to get the ICS upgrade first.