Hardware Integration

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Since the GN is basically made to run ICS, and is hardware integrated, what does this mean for custom ROMs and future versions of Android that come about? Is it deeply integrated to where if a new Android version or custom ROM is pulled out for this phone it will effect the performance that ICS and the GN have to offer?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My computer says it was designed for Windows Vista, should I not be running Windows 7 or Ubuntu?

Wasn't saying that they wouldn't run or that they shouldn't just asking if we will see a difference between performance between what is integrated, and what will not be.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Every install of Android is a custom build. I cannot take the AOSP source for ICS and just install that on the Galaxy Nexus. Custom drivers and kernels are always needed. When Jellybean is released, the Galaxy Nexus will run it just fine. Probably even better. Nexus One ran better after its upgrade to GB.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that we're disagreeing over the term "integrated". I don't think that the GN is "integrated" with ICS. When you say integrated, I interpret that to mean that the GN cannot operate without ICS - which is not the case. GN may be optimized for ICS, but that's about it.

If another compatible embedded OS is released, that can be used instead of ICS.