(Confirmed) Multicolor Notification LED

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
It's been confirmed that there's a hidden notification LED in the bottom bezel, but not much was said about it. A picture of it glowing green was very briefly shown at the unveiling event and that was it. I've read some places that it's a multicolored RBG LED, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Has anybody seen it in any videos or has it been confirmed anywhere? I'd love to see this implemented. It was one of my favorite features of the Nexus One's design

EDIT: lyk13 posted this video demonstrating the colors of the LED. Be sure to go and thank his post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ulticolor-notification-led-7.html#post1397473

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VshvpiOAhIQ&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Last edited:

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Multicolor Notification LED

Im really curious to this as well. I think its great to be able to set certain colors to certain contacts on other devices.

As more hands on videos come up hopefully one will show us if its multicolored.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I would be very happy with multicolored. There was a hands on video but I didn't see any notification light on in the whole video. But in the end I just hope it has one, can't image not having one for some reason. Just a little stupid light, but so important to me :p

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Found this picture on GSM Arena's website

gsmarena_027.jpg

It looks to be glowing purple. It might just be full spectrum multicolor after all. :)

I'm not saying 100% it is, but it's looking good.

Original picture location

Last edited:
Reactions: bplewis24

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Found this picture on GSM Arena's website

Click to view quoted image

It looks to be glowing purple. I might just be full spectrum multicolor after all. :)

I'm not saying 100% it is, but it's looking good.

Original picture location

Since in some other pics I've seen (like one from in the announcement pointing out a hidden notification LED, glowing green) my guess is it will be multicolored. I certainly hope so - setting different colors for texts vs. emails and such is very convenient

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

If it's a full multi-color LED I will buy this phone so fast I might accidentally forget to pay for it before walking out. Anyway, I read a post somewhere that BlackManX confirmed it has a multi-color LED, so all the signs so far are pretty positive.

Brandon

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

What gets me is the fact that no one who has access to a GN hasn't confirmed this.

EDIT : ^ Oh, he has?

Mr. Orange 645

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

That just looks sexy. Not only do I want to be able to set custom colors for the type of notification, but also for the contact the notification is from. BerryBuzz did this on the BlackBerry and it was very nice.

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

I think I remember seeing that, which I paid no attention to when I was playing with the SGN prototype. I can grab another look at it. Will update you guys. :)

To be frank, I have totally omitted the notification LED from my head since I last used the HTC Desire.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Be nice to know if its an important notification or something else. Not that I'm lazy but sometimes the phone is just out of arms reach while I'm starring at a flash notification wondering what it could be.....hmm OK I'm lazy....

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Will closely follow this thread. Coming from an iPhone, this is probably what I miss the most.

I still remember my first "color screen phone" it came with multicolored notification LED and polyphonic ringtones. lol.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm concerned that it will be difficult to see. It doesn't look easy, but we'll see. Coming from a captivate, and light is a good light.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Only thing I loved about blackberry was the multicolored notification light. Great feature for the GN

Yeah, when I jumped from BB to the Droid X, I was sad that it didn't have a multicolored notification light. When I had my BB, I had emails, texts, calendar stuff, and incoming calls all come in as different colors so I knew what I got a glance at the phone.

I'm hoping for one here in the Nexus!

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, when I jumped from BB to the Droid X, I was sad that it didn't have a multicolored notification light. When I had my BB, I had emails, texts, calendar stuff, and incoming calls all come in as different colors so I knew what I got a glance at the phone.

I'm hoping for one here in the Nexus!

That's exactly what I've been doing with my OG Droid and now the Droid Bionic. I really don't want to go without it.

Brandon

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

Just tested, the notification LED blinks about every 8 seconds. It's mainly a white slow blinking light, can see that there are other colors within the white but...mostly it's still a white led. Tested using google talk as I do not have a SIM card for the prototype.

Does this help?

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Any info helps. White is a good sign since, when it's involving light, its the presence of all colors. I wouldn't say it's confirmation, but definitely a good sign.

additive.png

Last edited:

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm more intrigued at why it's an 8sec blink...looks really slow. I wonder if the app Blink may help invoke anything....