Portrait Charging/Speaker Dock Possibilities

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people were sorta confused why as to why Samsung chose to put the headphone jack on the bottom of the phone along side the micro USB port. It does seem like awkward placement. Maybe they had docks in mind or maybe it was simply just more convenient. Either way, looking at pictures of the device, it's seems like it's very possible that a dock can be designed so it plugs into both the USB and headphone jacks at the same time. All while holding the phone up in portrait mode. This would allow for simultaneous audio streaming and charging while docked.

Just a thought I had...

Pic for reference: http://www.eurodroid.com/pics2/galaxy-nexus-side.jpg

Last edited:

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
not only that, but you could build an adaptor that would easily fit on the Apple dock connector allowing you to easily and stylishly use the multitude of items that come with that. I have seen instructions for diy versions on the net, but maybe someone could make a professional version if demand were high enough.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus employs contactless charging don't forget with the three contacts on the side of the phone. The dock featured during the launch looks as though it could very well also slide into the headphone jack (even though in the image the damn phone is the wrong way up ;-)), although until we actually see one we naturally don't know. There were no accessories on show at the tour event in London the other night :-(

Guess we'll soon find out :)

SGN-Dock-LIVE-550x290.jpg

Last edited:

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
not only that, but you could build an adaptor that would easily fit on the Apple dock connector allowing you to easily and stylishly use the multitude of items that come with that. I have seen instructions for diy versions on the net, but maybe someone could make a professional version if demand were high enough.

That would be awesome, but there may be some apple legal concerns preventing a commercial product, it shouldn't deter diyers from posting a guide to make one yourself though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci